Looking for feedback: Adding MORryde or Lippert steps to Sundance

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Re: steps

Another option is the Torklift Glow Steps.

I have them and love 'em!

ProwlerGlowStep1Old-P3160576.jpg ProwlerGlowStep5-P3160596.jpg

ProwlerGlowStep6-P3160590.jpg ProwlerGlowStep7-P3160624.jpg

I also have the Torklift Glow Steps and love them.
I transferred them from my Big Country to the Big Horn.

Hockster

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

We also have Torklift Glow Steps and would not trade them for the world!

Rod

jbeletti

Has anyone added the MORryde or Lippert steps to their Sundance ?
Not to a Sundance but to my Landmark.

What you are finding is that most owners who have a desire or need for an alternate staircase choose the GlowStep Revolution product by TorkLift. They're an amazing set of steps and TorkLift is a great supporter of the Club.

That said, some people have different needs. For us, Nancy had a bit of a hard time deploying and especially storing folding style steps. I did my best to keep the hinged interfaces cleaned and lubricated.

Then came along the MORryde StepAbove and the Lippert SolidStep. I decided to try the StepAbove. We really like them. Very easy to deploy and store and has an available handled the permanently bolts to the staircase.

Other than the obvious, there are other pros and cons to these choices. An with the StepAbove and SolidStep, as they store inside the coach, they are fastened to the inside of the coach and are hinged and pivot so the steps can be lowered to the outside of the coach. Point being made here is that if you forget and begin any leveling operation (up or down) with the steps deployed "and" the entrance door closed, there will be trouble/damage. Don't ask me how I know this :)

This all said, we love our StepAbove because it's the best choice for our use case - but even more owners prefer the GlowStep Revolution.

I suggest you try to look at and try them all before you make your choice.

pegmikef

Other than the obvious, there are other pros and cons to these choices. An with the StepAbove and SolidStep, as they store inside the coach, they are fastened to the inside of the coach and are hinged and pivot so the steps can be lowered to the outside of the coach. Point being made here is that if you forget and begin any leveling operation (up or down) with the steps deployed "and" the entrance door closed, there will be trouble/damage. Don't ask me how I know this :)

Learned that lesson the first time we deployed the steps on our own (we had no warnings). Also, the top of the stairs must be tight against the door threshold or doors won't close correctly. All in all, Peggy and I like these steps better than any we have ever had on our previous rigs. I won't go back.

jbeletti

Learned that lesson the first time we deployed the steps on our own (we had no warnings). Also, the top of the stairs must be tight against the door threshold or doors won't close correctly. All in all, Peggy and I like these steps better than any we have ever had on our previous rigs. I won't go back.

Mike - I'm writing up an "Advisory" on usage of these type of steps and will share it with the community. It won't be an official Heartland bulletin, just a personal advisory based on my experience. I'll even include a picture of what happens when you do it wrong :eek:

pegmikef

Mike - I'm writing up an "Advisory" on usage of these type of steps and will share it with the community. It won't be an official Heartland bulletin, just a personal advisory based on my experience. I'll even include a picture of what happens when you do it wrong :eek:

Great idea Jim.

Fox

Not knowing of alternatives we recently chose the Lippert steps.

We first viewed them (installed) on another 5th ... we liked their larger (top) platform and the fact that the "feet" were behind the stairs (hopefully no stubbed toes). There is also a 'kick plate' so your shoes don't strike / mar the camper walls.

Easy up/down operation and we especially like their stability, and so does our old dog - he was getting hesitant in climbing the ones we previously had.

Last edited:

pegmikef

Thanks Mike. I have the advisory pretty much done but I need to reviewers. Prefer to have a few who have either the LCI or MR staircases do that review. Do you have either of these?

You can count me in on that if you want. We've probably deployed ours at least 30 to 40 times since we got the rig mostly without incident. The Moryde staircase came on our Oshkosh (we really like them).

jbeletti

You can count me in on that if you want. We've probably deployed ours at least 30 to 40 times since we got the rig mostly without incident. The Moryde staircase came on our Oshkosh (we really like them).

Hi Mike - draft document sent via email for your review. Thanks.

jeffdee

Has anyone added the MORryde or Lippert steps to their Sundance ?

I installed a set of Morryde steps (STP 4-30-03H) in my Cyclone 3110 a few days ago. Before I screwed down the hinge I checked the fit. The door was a little reluctant to close. After I initially installed 2 screws I used a lead shot filled rubber hammer to better form fit the stairs to the threshold. Everything fits like a glove now and the door closes correctly. I did have to remove the cylinder from the top of the door so the stairs can be moved in and out. I also ordered a rubber door stop to put on the wall to protect the door.

F9FFBADB-4B58-4349-B6C2-051A4A0E93BE.jpg 22069846-FDFF-4EEF-8AFB-D842C65AEFA3.jpg E42DF24D-0F6D-43DD-8FC8-D63A55422F30.jpg BAB83DA8-2692-4806-8888-2BA97A35E2A2.jpg ECAF7BAC-6F49-4E53-A5D5-18434CAF05BC.jpg F885163A-F659-4B84-B34B-02F23A379433.jpg1FE012C5-D16C-4E8D-A95C-F8DE4309B536.jpg

Attachments

• 91B977D3-18F1-4955-8223-7A04496C5C75.jpg
    91B977D3-18F1-4955-8223-7A04496C5C75.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 64
  • AEB85445-5F95-471B-8990-9B3439386923.jpg
    AEB85445-5F95-471B-8990-9B3439386923.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited: