Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: ATF: Cyclone - Cyclone 4270 Septic Plumbing schematic

  1. Print this Post   #1

    ATF: Cyclone - Cyclone 4270 Septic Plumbing schematic

    My wife, like so many others believes each roll of toilet paper is single use......and she does not like the RV Toilet paper....she uses the front bathroom, while I typically use the rear 1/2 bath. Yesterday she calls me and says she can see toilet paper when she flushes and the water is not going down.

    I think, eh, how bad can it be. Pick up a small hand held line snake, thinking I will route out a couple inches.....about 3 feet and still not draining and I think I have hit a bend and not getting any further. Read on line and went with a natural line safe toilet paper eating additive. Put it in last night, working today and will check it out when I get home........fingers crossed and will conduct weekly searches of the bathroom for illegal TP.

    Just to clarify, I did check the level of that black tank, showed 2/3s, drained the tank, now shows empty. I am pretty confident the plug is limited to the pipe between the toilet and the tank.

  2. Print this Post   #2
    Movin' on to the next thing... JohnD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA - AZ
    Posts
    7,208

    Re: Toilet Lesson #1

    If you can (and you should be able to)...

    Once you drain out the black tank you can leave the black tank valve open, and then let the gray water backflush into the black tank to remove any blockage, plus will push the stuff off of the bottom of the tank.

    A Valterra Twist-On Valve is a must for this process (about $25 bucks at Camping World or other RV parts store).

    These are a must-have for any RV and I will not drive off of a dealer's lot without one on each sewer line!

    Very important to make sure you get the twist-on valve...this will allow you to close the twist-on valve so that when the black is open and you let the gray water to flow back into the black tank, once you feel the bubbling stop, you can then close the gray valve...open the Twist On valve (leaving the black valve open at the same time) and you'll see that you dislodged stuff you didn't know was still there.

    Four or five back flows typically clears out the bottom of the black tank...then finish cleaning as usual.

    And use the rest of the gray water to clear the sewer how of black water.

    Here is mine:

    ProwlerDrainCap-P3290012.jpg valterratwistoncover-.jpg
    Last edited by JohnD; 09-22-2018 at 10:05 AM.
    Yuma AZ

    Heartland Prowler RV Owners Facebook Page
    -------No Prowler Needed To Join! ^ CLICK HERE! ^

    ----Where my Heartland's have been:




  3. Print this Post   #3
    Movin' on to the next thing... JohnD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA - AZ
    Posts
    7,208

    Re: Toilet Lesson #1

    I use the TST orange flavored toilet mints...

    The other brand of orange mints (Walex) stinks on it's own and doesn't have an orangy scent...but they do work in the tank!
    Yuma AZ

    Heartland Prowler RV Owners Facebook Page
    -------No Prowler Needed To Join! ^ CLICK HERE! ^

    ----Where my Heartland's have been:




  4. Print this Post   #4
    Director of Owners Interests, Heartland RVs
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA - TX
    Posts
    19,188

    Re: Toilet Lesson #1

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I use the TST orange flavored toilet mints...

    The other brand of orange mints (Walex) stinks on it's own and doesn't have an orangy scent...but they do work in the tank!
    Mmm, flavored toilet mints


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jim Beletti


    Index of my Sundance 262 RB Modifications

    Club membership is free and it's easy to join. Click here to learn more

    Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides





  5. Print this Post   #5

    Re: Toilet Lesson #1

    Thank you for all the input.....I clearly had no understanding of the schematics of an Rv's septic system. I ran a snake 15 feet down and thought this can't be right the outlet is 7 feet away. Tried to no avail to find a schematic......but here is what I thought....a long tube that reaches the black water tank and the plug had to be in the tube, however once I got down and really thought about the lay out, the tube to the black water tank is only about 4 feet. I drained the black water tank and then used the flush and water comes from the black water tank out to the blueboy....squirted 30 gallons. What I don't understand is why is the tube blocked if it just dumps into the tank. I have ran a snake through it several times so if the pipe between the toilet and the tank was clogged, why is it still clogged.
    ,
    Is it possible that too much toilet made a mountain, which then plugged the tube and toilet paper piled up on to of that........I think I will try what JohnD recommended, maybe a larger flow of water will break up this mountain.

    Boiling water was recommended, but the water won't make it through the pipe to the pile.

    Again, thank you for the help.

  6. Print this Post   #6
    Senior Member pjones1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    USA - TX
    Posts
    319

    Re: Toilet Lesson #1

    Quote Originally Posted by 2PawsRiver View Post
    Thank you for all the input.....I clearly had no understanding of the schematics of an Rv's septic system. I ran a snake 15 feet down and thought this can't be right the outlet is 7 feet away. Tried to no avail to find a schematic......but here is what I thought....a long tube that reaches the black water tank and the plug had to be in the tube, however once I got down and really thought about the lay out, the tube to the black water tank is only about 4 feet. I drained the black water tank and then used the flush and water comes from the black water tank out to the blueboy....squirted 30 gallons. What I don't understand is why is the tube blocked if it just dumps into the tank. I have ran a snake through it several times so if the pipe between the toilet and the tank was clogged, why is it still clogged.
    ,
    Is it possible that too much toilet made a mountain, which then plugged the tube and toilet paper piled up on to of that........I think I will try what JohnD recommended, maybe a larger flow of water will break up this mountain.

    Boiling water was recommended, but the water won't make it through the pipe to the pile.

    Again, thank you for the help.
    When you do get this initial problem resolved, make sure you always have water in the black tank before using, it floats the solids and paper away and prevents from forming a TP teepee directly under the down tube which is a direct shot from the toilet.

    Assuming a teepee has formed, Id probably run the flush with the outside valve closed and fill the black tank and let it sit for a bit to soften whatever has formed, after that Id turn off the water and use a stick or something to go down through the toilet to break up whatever is there, then dump and repeat as necessary, it would be nice to have a sewer hookup while doing this.
    Keeping Up With The Joneses...
    2017 Cyclone 3800 FBP
    2016 Ford 6.7 DRW

  7. Print this Post   #7
    Senior Member Gary521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USA - CO
    Posts
    1,266

    Re: Toilet Lesson #1

    Quote Originally Posted by 2PawsRiver View Post
    My wife, like so many others believes each roll of toilet paper is single use......and she does not like the RV Toilet paper....she uses the front bathroom, while I typically use the rear 1/2 bath. Yesterday she calls me and says she can see toilet paper when she flushes and the water is not going down.

    I think, eh, how bad can it be. Pick up a small hand held line snake, thinking I will route out a couple inches.....about 3 feet and still not draining and I think I have hit a bend and not getting any further. Read on line and went with a natural line safe toilet paper eating additive. Put it in last night, working today and will check it out when I get home........fingers crossed and will conduct weekly searches of the bathroom for illegal TP.

    Just to clarify, I did check the level of that black tank, showed 2/3s, drained the tank, now shows empty. I am pretty confident the plug is limited to the pipe between the toilet and the tank.
    There are several brands of TP that are "septic tank" approved that are not RV TP. Make sure your wife uses one of these brands. Secondly, use a lot of water. As someone has suggested, make sure there is at least two gallons of water in the tank before use. Don't be skimpy on the water when you flush. You did not say that you normally use a tank additive - use something. There is a learning curve to all this stuff.

  8. Print this Post   #8

    Re: Toilet Lesson #1

    Well, we have tried the backwash of gray water. Then I flushed it with 80 gallons of water using the tank sprayer. Then I filled his about 2/3s, hooked the truck to it, then moved the trailer forward and back to slosh it around....no luck, still plugged. I just don't understand how it can still be plugged. I ran a snake all the way to the bank. But it is the small hand held crank snake. I have to work tomorrow so my wife is going to call around to see if she can locate a plumber that is familiar with RV's or a mobile RV service. Thinking maybe a little more aggressive head on a snake.

    If anybody has a diagram that shows how the septic is lined up on the cyclones I would appreciate seeing it.

  9. Print this Post   #9

    ATF: Cyclone - Cyclone 4270 Septic Plumbing schematic

    I have a 2019 Cyclone 4270 and the main bathroom toilet is plugged up. Seems my wife has not been using RV specific toilet paper. I have ran a small hand held sewer snake to the tank. I am able to fill the tank using the sprayer and drain the tank without issue. It just makes no sense to me that it is still plugged. Hoping maybe I could get a drawing or schematic that shows the lay out of the septic system, maybe it will give me a clue.....thank you

  10. Print this Post   #10
    Senior Member pjones1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    USA - TX
    Posts
    319

    Re: ATF: Cyclone - Cyclone 4270 Septic Plumbing schematic

    Quote Originally Posted by 2PawsRiver View Post
    I have a 2019 Cyclone 4270 and the main bathroom toilet is plugged up. Seems my wife has not been using RV specific toilet paper. I have ran a small hand held sewer snake to the tank. I am able to fill the tank using the sprayer and drain the tank without issue. It just makes no sense to me that it is still plugged. Hoping maybe I could get a drawing or schematic that shows the lay out of the septic system, maybe it will give me a clue.....thank you
    Did’nt you just just post this same problem the other day? The layout is pretty simple, your toilet most likely, positively, sits directly above your black tank.

    https://heartlandowners.org/showthre...oilet-Lesson-1
    Keeping Up With The Joneses...
    2017 Cyclone 3800 FBP
    2016 Ford 6.7 DRW

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cyclone 4270, who has one
    By 2PawsRiver in forum Cyclone - General Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-29-2020, 05:01 PM
  2. Cyclone 4270 quality
    By 2bbytheriver in forum Cyclone - Prospective Owners
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2018, 12:03 PM
  3. ATF: Cyclone - Electrical Slide and Landing Gear Schematic
    By Maggiemay in forum Cyclone - Ask The Factory
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2017, 05:44 PM
  4. ATF: Cyclone - Plumbing
    By roadglidefl in forum Cyclone - Ask The Factory
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-16-2014, 10:57 AM
  5. Plumbing Schematic
    By nhunter in forum Bighorn - Ask The Factory
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 12:25 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •