New (to me) product converts gas absorption to compressor.

RoadJunkie

I have read many complaints on the forum regarding Norcold performance, even to the point of wanting to remove the unit and replace with a residential refrigerator. Apparently JC Refrigeration has a product that converts the gas absorption unit to a compressor-based unit while using the existing Norcold box; no carpenter modifications required. My camping neighbor recently installed the unit and reported easy install and great performance. He also indicated that no modification was required for the ventilation at the exterior of the coach. He claims -10 deg in freezer and 32 deg in fridge. I don’t need this modification, but I thought that others may be interested.

JC Refrigeration, IN.

CarterKraft

The "Mortons on the move" youtube channel recently installed one of these if you are looking for more info,

WBG

WBGavin
I have read many complaints on the forum regarding Norcold performance, even to the point of wanting to remove the unit and replace with a residential refrigerator. Apparently JC Refrigeration has a product that converts the gas absorption unit to a compressor-based unit while using the existing Norcold box; no carpenter modifications required. My camping neighbor recently installed the unit and reported easy install and great performance. He also indicated that no modification was required for the ventilation at the exterior of the coach. He claims -10 deg in freezer and 32 deg in fridge. I don’t need this modification, but I thought that others may be interested.

JC Refrigeration, IN.

Thanks for the tip

avvidclif

I'm going to get the pricing on the 120v compressor as finding a decent residential refrigerator that fits in the place on the Nevercold 1210 is hard enough I gave up.

Thanks for the info.

carl.swoyer

I'm going to get the pricing on the 120v compressor as finding a decent residential refrigerator that fits in the place on the Nevercold 1210 is hard enough I gave up.

Thanks for the info.
Funny, I just started a thread on this.
I just spoke with JC. AC cost $895.00 and DC cost $995.00 plus $225.00 residential shipping or $175.00 to ship to a business.
The AC condenser draws .08 amps and the propane draws 5.5 amps.
The suggestion for ac is to support the ice maker if you have one. They also claim the AC unit would run off a 600 watt MSW inverter and run about 40% of the time.
My question is what are the personal experience with the Amish unit and there customer service.
The unit has a three year warranty/ upgrade to another three for $125.00

I was considering going to the residential unit but the most efficient refrigerator I found draws 7.8 amps.

I'm getting 14 to 14.6 on my charge pin but nothing to the batteries on the fiver. Something else to figure out. Maybe a bad auto reset breaker.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

avvidclif

Thanks for the info Carl. That's about the same price as a replacement Samsung and it will fit perfectly. For me the Samsung is too tall. and getting one short enough just wouldn't look right as that is the cheapies.