Dometic (gas absorption) RM 1350 SLM glass fuse type

jimpav

Does anyone know which type of glass fuse (5A 125V) is used in this unit?? Not sure if it's supposed to have a GMA 5A 5mmX20mm fast blow, or a GDC 5A slow blow?
After resetting the GFI from an apparent overload, I noticed the unit would only run on LP, not A/C. Further troubleshooting revealed the blown glass fuse. The unit subsequently blew two more glass fuses, but seemed all right with the third one. This was while plugged into a 50AMP pedestal at a campground. Yes, we have a hardwired EMS which did not trip. The only info on a phone call to Dometic today, was a part number (PN 3315577.900) They were happy to send me a (one) replacement fuse for $7.00, with a $15.00 shipping charge! ( no thanks ). They also couldn't tell me if fast or slow blow is required. Camping world only had one fuse (GMA) left in their store in GRR, for which they wanted $3.99. I subsequently ordered 5 of the GMA's for $4.69 on Amazon. The Dometic manual, and sticker on the unit only say "5A glass fuse)

wdk450

Slow blow fuses are used where there are high start currents, usually in devices with electric motors. The 110 VAC circuit on a gas absorption refrigerator is only used for the purely resistive heater elements. I would say that your fuse should be a fast blow one.

Did you inspect the metal end caps of the first blown fuse with a magnifier and flashlight? Most fuses have the type and rating lightly stamped into the metal.

jimpav

Slow blow fuses are used where there are high start currents, usually in devices with electric motors. The 110 VAC circuit on a gas absorption refrigerator is only used for the purely resistive heater elements. I would say that your fuse should be a fast blow one.

Did you inspect the metal end caps of the first blown fuse with a magnifier and flashlight? Most fuses have the type and rating lightly stamped into the metal.

Thanks Bill... yes, I did look at the fuse end....5 Amp 125 volt, but it didn't specify GMA or GDC. I have a GMA in there now.....so far so good. Must have just been an anomaly or something. Sad that Dometic couldn't tell me anything.........