Champion 4000-Watt RV Ready DH Series Open Frame Inverter with Quiet Technology

Offtrail

We just purchased a 2017 Heartland North Trail King Slides NT KING 26 LRSS, our first travel trailer after 10 years in boating. Looking forward to the experience.
We are hoping to spend some days/ nights "dry camping" or "boondocking" (like anchoring in cruising) and thought the Champion 4000 watt would run the AC plus other systems.
Here it is on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...42e-e8f213ef368b&pf_rd_r=BFR7K9B7YXQZY991A5V9

Has anyone had any actual experience with this unit? Our thought is to keep it secured in the bed of our 2014 Titan 4xPro and drop it to the ground to run...unless...we can leave it on the tailgate secured and with a rubber pad underneath.

Thank you,

Chas

danemayer

Hi offtrail,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. That Champion looks like a nice generator. One thing to note is that after starting, it delivers 3500 watts. That means you'll have to manage electrical device usage. But you should be fine as long as you don't turn on too many kitchen appliances at the same time as the air conditioner is running.

avvidclif

I question how quiet any open frame generator actually is. I saw the spec's but would want to ear verify it. The regular open frame generators are known as jackhammers.

Offtrail

I question how quiet any open frame generator actually is. I saw the spec's but would want to ear verify it. The regular open frame generators are known as jackhammers.

We are hoping to not use it in a campground but only when boondocking, which hopefully we can do often...but, since we have no experience, we’ll have to find out.

I’ll try to hear one. Thanks for the thoughts.

Chas

Offtrail

Another genny question

Now considering the
[FONT=&quot]Westinghouse iGen4500 Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator
A little[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]more power but many
Amazon reviews claim very, very quiet.
Anyone use or hear one?
thanks,
Chas

[/FONT]

carl.swoyer

I agree pct. Noise is of major concern however the spec is Noise Level (dBA)53.0 which is pretty good.
And as Dane Meyer stated 3500 is continuous the 4000 is peak.
If you don't want to be bothered with load thinking/sharing maybe look at the next size up.
I also know of folks who have been using the harbour freight generator with remote capabilities. Food for thought, price vs convenience. Good luck

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Offtrail

Thanks. Its 4500 and 3700 and has remote start...but weighs 100 lbs. Going to get a small hand chain hoist to get it into our truck bed and run it on the tail gate very secured, then no up and down. We'll see if all this comes together. Our roof AC 13,500 btu, should handle it a few other things OK.
Appreciate the thoughts.

carl.swoyer

Thanks. Its 4500 and 3700 and has remote start...but weighs 100 lbs. Going to get a small hand chain hoist to get it into our truck bed and run it on the tail gate very secured, then no up and down. We'll see if all this comes together. Our roof AC 13,500 btu, should handle it a few other things OK.
Appreciate the thoughts.
Look for a used wheel chair hoist.
I used one for a kippor generator and my Blu boy. I updated to an Onan but still used it for the wagon while on Rocky roads.
It mounts in the rear corner of the truck bed near the tailgate. Nice thing is you can remove the pole and arm and store them.
94eb2c054c8b91bb3d7a1a7adebb6b88.jpg

Offtrail

Looks like a great idea! Thanks

Look for a used wheel chair hoist.
I used one for a kippor generator and my Blu boy. I updated to an Onan but still used it for the wagon while on Rocky roads.
It mounts in the rear corner of the truck bed near the tailgate. Nice thing is you can remove the pole and arm and store them.
94eb2c054c8b91bb3d7a1a7adebb6b88.jpg