1st punch list on new Gravity

Our first "real" camping trip was Labor day weekend. A few issues popped up and wondering if anyone else has the same issues.

The kitchen slide is beginning to leave a indentation in the vinyl flooring. Have not used the RV since as I don't want to damage the flooring etc. Its toward the fridge end. I have the small RV fridge, so it can't be a weight issue, I hope.......

The awning comes out fine in the am. Seems if its warm etc out, it will unroll, but not come out. Visually looked at it and it appears the slide arm to the rear is not 100% square...

garage area underneath had clear water leaking out AFTER flushing the tank......Don't know if theres insulation in there or not,. Its covered but not heated.

I guess the worst part is, the dealer is swamped and I had to wait from right after labor day to the first week of Oct to get it looked at.1 month of no camping.

TIA

sengli

Welcome to the RV lifestyle. Getting the bugs worked out of a new rig is sometimes challenging. The most urgent thing in your saga is the clear water after flushing the black tank. There is an anti-siphon valve in the walls somewhere, Those things honestly fails quite often or it is installed wrong. This is most likely where that water is coming from. Search the threads on here for that info. I had this same issue with my first two new units.
Your best bet is to get a handle on your issues and try to fix them yourself. Most dealers are always going to be 6 weeks behind.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You’re not required to use your dealer for warranty work. You could contact Heartland to locate a repair facility that does warranty work that doesn’t have to be a dealer. Sadly, many dealers’ main focus is to sell RVs, not repair them, and now that you’ve bought you’re not a priority anymore. A repair facility has to fix RVs to make money, so they will focus on getting you taken care of quickly and make sure you’re a satisfied customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While waiting to get into the dealer for service, you might try a slideout slicker like this to protect the floor.

Interesting. Going to look into that further.

- - - Updated - - -

You’re not required to use your dealer for warranty work. You could contact Heartland to locate a repair facility that does warranty work that doesn’t have to be a dealer. Sadly, many dealers’ main focus is to sell RVs, not repair them, and now that you’ve bought you’re not a priority anymore. A repair facility has to fix RVs to make money, so they will focus on getting you taken care of quickly and make sure you’re a satisfied customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan on that if theres more work later. I contacted HL and they gave me a outdated list. 2 of the 3 did not work on HL's anymore.