2 FULL Baths please!

alex00

What about environmental issues? Grey water isn't supposed to be dumped on the ground. How is this NOT grey water being dumped on the ground?

How is soap and water from a shower an environmental issue. If that were the case California of all places woukd ban septic tanks. Knock on wood my septic tank is still allowed.

I think it's rude to dump a full grey tank next to camping neighbors. But done respectfully of your neighbors or taking an outdoor shower certainly isn't a concern.

If it is I sure hope you don't wash your vehicles outside.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk for Dial-up

remoandiris

You got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I'm not kidding you. I'm sure I am not the only person to stay at state, national and private RV parks with rules that state no grey or black tank dumping on the ground. Where does grey water come from? Kitchen and bath. How is using soap and shampoo outside different than inside? I'm just asking a question.

I appreciate the constructive feedback from jmgratz and alex00. Maybe the places that prohibit grey dumping are concerned with 50 gallons of grey water at a time spewing across the ground vice 5 gallons from an outside shower.

Last edited by a moderator:

kowAlski631

I believe there's a difference between dumping a tank full & taking a shower outside. Tent campers take outdoor showers all the time. JMHO

Martha

danemayer

Gray tanks can accumulate all kinds of crud. Think about the kitchen sink and the food particles that go down the drain. What's that going to be like after a while? Dumping the gray tank dumps a bunch of partially decomposed food and concentrated bacteria along with the water.

Taking a shower outside is completely different.

oscar

Dumping a full tank of grey is not nice to the neighbors. We camp at one place every year where there's room, but no sewer. A "honey wagon" comes along for the black tanks, and the grey tank is always open, slowly running when we use water, with a hose to direct it to a low spot away from our camp site. There is absolutely no nuisance from this, and no concentration of anything.

News flash... there are animals crapping in the woods, or eating other dead animals..... and so on and so forth.

miboje

Dumping a full tank of grey is not nice to the neighbors. We camp at one place every year where there's room, but no sewer. A "honey wagon" comes along for the black tanks, and the grey tank is always open, slowly running when we use water, with a hose to direct it to a low spot away from our camp site. There is absolutely no nuisance from this, and no concentration of anything.

News flash... there are animals crapping in the woods, or eating other dead animals..... and so on and so forth.
Right. And around here, one can still crap in the woods. Simply dig a small hole, then cover your business. The rest is just biodegradable soap and water, and certainly not in large quantities.

HornedToad

I still have several of the 7 gallon blue water containers that
I use to carry as a back up to the small fresh tank I had on my old TT.
When I'm tailgating in a parking lot, or in a state park that does not have sewer hookups,
I'll carry two of these marked with grey duct tape on the handles to drain off my grey tank.
(I don't understand why the supply and drain capacity of RV tanks are not equal)
It's easy to carry these over to the porta pottie or bathrooms and dispose.
No muss / No fuss!!!