2 year old vs floor vents

KyleB83

Other than constantly removing the floor vents, what can I use to prevent the floor ducts from becoming a toy box?

my vents are plastic so magnets won’t work.. would fiberglass screen material work if I glued or taped it from the bottom side?

I still want the vents to function as we have this bipolar Texas weather that ranges from 42 degrees to 80 and back

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

jo9463

Other than constantly removing the floor vents, what can I use to prevent the floor ducts from becoming a toy box?

my vents are plastic so magnets won’t work.. would fiberglass screen material work if I glued or taped it from the bottom side?

I still want the vents to function as we have this bipolar Texas weather that ranges from 42 degrees to 80 and back

thanks in advance

I wouldn’t glue or tape it. If I’m picturing this correctly, I would take the vent off and cut a piece slightly bigger than the hole and use the vent cover with the screws to hold down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox

My biased answer is to get rid of the kids / grandkids.
This would be a serious point of contention with grandma.

Plan B would be to remove the attaching screws so you can simply remove the vent and reach inside.

danemayer

We had some netting that we used. Removed the vent, place the netting, replaced the vent so it's holding the netting.

david-steph2018

Screen material is a good ideal, then I used rubber bands in the past. Tried to remove the screws but the kid figured it out and removed the vent. Then he placed the toys in there anyways.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Definitely screw them down. No kids, but our late Maine Coon could pull the registers up. He did it at home once in an upstairs bedroom and our smaller cat crawled in, just out of reach. Coaxed her back enough to get a grip on her butt and haul her out. Had she continued, she would have reached the vertical shaft to the basement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

donr827

Try buying him a colorful toy box. If it makes a noise are lights up when opened the kid would love it.