2007 Dodge Ram

Bobby A

Dodge Mega Cab 4/4 2007. I have a couple questions but I will ask for input one at a time. First let me start off by saying I love my Ram !! I ordered the truck back in 07, never no accidents. My issue is, it sees to eat up ball joints every couple years. Most of the time its right and left upper and lower. This time its drivers side upper and lower, just under 2 years from last install and just over 10K miles, little to no towing the rig. I have the moog ball joints with the grease fittings. Any help why my truck likes to eat ball joints and what can I do other than park the truck Has anyone else with Rams have this issue ??. I appreciate any input. Thank you.

rhodies1

Not knocking your truck or Dodge , but from my experience with friends who have or have had Dodges,this seems to be a regular issue.Friends of mine have replaced ball joints and other front end parts every other year.
All the big 3 have issues but this seems to be Dodges headache.

david-steph2018

When I had the 2008 3500 dually, I had to replace the ball joints twice over 9 years. The second time we went with the heaviest set the shop could get for me, and these lasted from 2015 till we traded it for the 2017.
On the 2017 3500 dually, the issue was the drag link coming loose, and it effected the ball joints. So, the ball joints on this dually has been replaced once since we have bought it in August 2017.

Dlew101

Old thread but answering for others who may come across it. I have an 07 to and honestly most of the common name brands aren't what they used to be. I replaced a set of Moogs a while back ago that failed with another set of Moog and they lasted about a month and failed again....I since replaced with rebuildable Synergy, still only about $450-$500 but the rebuild kit is like $75 and can be done on the truck. Carli would have been the better route but they're also like $800 now. As for the Syngery BJs, they seem to be god quality, the boots are very thick, they're greasable, I've put them through the ringer and have never had to adjust them (yes they're also able to be tightened when they start wearing without taking the wheel off, comes with a special tool), They do tighten up a little bit after the wear in process but in my opinion when they tightened up the truck started to feel better like I can the hand to wheel dexterity if that makes sense. Anyway just food for thought.

wdk450

From looking at the Synergy website, their balljoints seem to be for only the 4x4 trucks, not the 4x2 trucks.

Dlew101

From looking at the Synergy website, their balljoints seem to be for only the 4x4 trucks, not the 4x2 trucks.
Oh no kiddin? I guess I never looked, I forget how many folks run 4x2 in the states, I live in Alaska so 4x2 is very uncommon that's a bummer though. I'm not sure if Carli makes 4x2 either I haven't looked but I mean my thing was $400-$800 for rebuildable versus $300-$400 for local bought that may last a year I think its still money ahead just spending the money.