2009 3670 Sink Problems

I have caulked my kitchen sink several times and have found the sink (stainless steel)is dropping down allowing water to leak into lower cabinets.
I have looked under the sink and do not see any means to tighten sink against countertop. I need to repair this problem before it becomes a BIGGER problem. Please reply to me at 937-477-9512 or davepatrob@yahoo.com.

I need help and the hareware to repair ASAP.

Thanks for your prompt help in this matter.

David Roberts

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi David, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to share information about our rigs. I am sure that someone has been down the road you are on and will chime in with some helpful information.
I would disconnect the sink drain and clean all the old caulk off both the sink and under counter top. Go and buy some under counter top sink clips. You should be able to find them at a Home Depot or any home repair center.
Use clear silicone caulk and apply to the top lip of he sink. Also put some under the counter top where the sink will mount. Don't be stingy, you can clean the excess. Put the sink up in place and support with some boards jammed between the sink and the floor of he cabinet. Then install the clips. Be sure that the screws that you use are the correct length so you do not drive them beyond the wood.
Let the caulk set up for a day or two and reattach the drain pipe.
That's what I would do. Others may have another idea.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

I think I have seen photos of others using wood underneath the basins along with a bottle jack to hold it in place. There have been many previous postings about the clips/screws coming out, not enough, or not even being there.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Dave, this is not an uncommon problem since the factory does not seem to have any consistency in attaching the sinks properly. There are small metal clips that need to be installed to hold the sink tight to the underside of the counter. Caulking alone will not get it. You can call Heartland and tell them to send the clips to you, or some folks have just fabricated their own from small bracket material.

To be properly supported, the double-bowl sink needs a clip on each of the three open sides of each bowl. That means two along the backside, two along the front, and one each at either end.

The photo shows the clips in place. Mine was missing the two in front, even though the holes had been drilled. I found that out when I started getting drips on the floor of the cabinet from water wicking under the counter top.

View attachment 17996View attachment 17997View attachment 17998

soilmovers

I have caulked my kitchen sink several times and have found the sink (stainless steel)is dropping down allowing water to leak into lower cabinets.
I have looked under the sink and do not see any means to tighten sink against countertop. I need to repair this problem before it becomes a BIGGER problem. Please reply to me at 937-477-9512 or davepatrob@yahoo.com.

Our new Bighorn 3685 is also leaking at the kitchen sink. Seeing water in the under cabinet made me think it was the water line. Should the sink have a bead of silicone caulk before installing? Am I missing something?
Sadly, this unit has had multiple problems that I hoped to avoid since it is brand new.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Once you have secured the sink with the correct number and placement of clips, a bead of clear silicone around the perimeter of the sink/counter interface will keep water from wicking under the counter. Relying on caulking alone to support the sink is futile.