2012 3070RL on the way.

ChrisNY

Traded in our 07 All American Sport for a 12 BH 3070 over the wkend. There will be no tears shed as I see that toy-hauler go down the road:(
My only concern about the 3070 though it wasn't enough to not make the deal was access to the fridge. It appears you cannot get into it with the slides closed if you get the island which we did. How do people deal with this? How will the slides open? Do they open 1 at a time and which one opens first or do they open together? Just trying to figure out if I'll be able to get to the fridge without a lot of hassles if the slides are not both fully out. I could always cut the island out.....:eek:
Thanks so much.
Christine

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
ChrisNY, welcome to the forum and Heartland Family. Wow, new Bighorn...saweet.
The BH has individual slide selectors near the hydraulic pump. You can close off the slides you do not wand to open and then just open the one you want.
I think I would leave the island in. You can never have too much counter top space.
Be sure to check out the Portal Page for Heartland Chapter Rallies in your area.

Peace
Dave

Westwind

ChrisNY - we have a 2012 3070 with the Island and I agree don't be quick to take the chainsaw to it. It also has alot of storage. We thought at first we would have liked not having it but now have changed our mind. It's nice to have the extra room and it's open on both sides so more than one can work in the Kitchen. My wife can move past it with the slides closed but I can't, so she is able to get to the refer.
But as Cookie mentioned you can move one slide out at the time to get to the refer, we snowbird in ours so I'm sure we will appreciate the island.
It's definately a good layout, especially the closed off bath.

ChrisNY

So Westwind, there is enough room to open the fridge? I realize it won't open all the way, but even enough to get things in and out would be awesome. That would make my day.
Thanks so much for the input.

caissiel

When we travel, we open the kitchen slide about 6in to access all of our kitchen. It has never been a problem to open it at rest areas and others.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Hello Christine ,

We love the 3070 floor plan saw this layout again at the fall Syracuce show !! We have a 2008 Sundance 29MK now and love it but when the time comes the 3070 will be our choice .

We are Heartland Chapter Leaders for NY . Our rally location is full this year but maybe you could join us next year !! Keep a eye on 2012 events to see our location as it will be up soon .

chrisny, congrats on the 3070rl . As others said , you can't get enough storage. We just got back from our maiden trip to NY with our 12 3070rl , hope you enjoy it as much as we did great rig.