2012 Chevy 3500 drw 6.6 questions

drod115

I'm having trouble trying to figure out what kind of hitch to purchase for my 2012 Chevy Silverado 3500 drw 6.6. I bought it with the rails already installed and only need the hitch. My trailer is a 2009 cyclone m4012 1800 max weight. Any help out there will be greatly appreciated

IronJ

B & w patriot...?..or a superglide if you need a slider...both offer hitches that will work...and those are only 2 brands I use...

You probably just need a hitch (any) thats compatible with industry standard rails and has the rating you need...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

SNOKING

Long box? This is about as good as it gets for existing standard rails. RVK3255

patriot-3255-low-res.product.png

danemayer

I'm having trouble trying to figure out what kind of hitch to purchase for my 2012 Chevy Silverado 3500 drw 6.6. I bought it with the rails already installed and only need the hitch. My trailer is a 2009 cyclone m4012 1800 max weight. Any help out there will be greatly appreciated

You'll want a hitch that meets/exceeds both the GVWR spec on the trailer, and the likely pin weight. For pin weight, you should assume 20-25% of trailer GVWR. If GVWR is 18,000, I'd look for a spec of 4,500 lbs.

SNOKING

B&W is one of the best hitches on the market and American made! They however limit there rail mounted hitches to 18K with a VTW of 4500 pounds. I would have no concern towing a 18000 GVW toy hauler with the RVK3255, as the head is the same as the one used on their 25K puck hitches.

IronJ

I like the fact the head is the same...I just swap it from my puck mounted base on the dually to the turnover base in the srw...

I already had the turnover so I just bought the puck base for 275$...!!..

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish