2014 Bighorn 3010RE Bedroom A/C Thermostat Location

pegmikef

Can any owner of this model BH please tell me where the thermostat for the bedroom air conditioner is located? Customer service tells me that the wires for the a/c are in the wardrobe. I have wires protruding from the wall with a four or six prong female connector on the end and have been told that these are there to control an optional satellite dish. I know there are wires for a thermostat at the A/C location, but I don't know where the other end is. Thanks

Mrsfish

As you face the closet, the ac controller is on the far left face of the closet about 2/3 way up. Directly above the small shelf

pegmikef

Thanks Mrsfish. I guess that tracks with what customer service said and I just assumed he was talking about the wires next to the cable hook up, but he was actually talking about the opposite wall.

Garypowell

I am puzzled.....don't you have a thermostat on the wall? You make it sound like HL forgot to pull the wires out of the wall and install the thermostat.

What at am I missing here.

pegmikef

Gary. Long story short. I had my dealer put in an air conditioner (wanted to see if I really needed second a/c first . . dumb in TX). I was misinformed and told that the bedroom A/C could not be ducted so I ordered the wrong kind. Tech told me during install that it could in fact be ducted and the thermostat wiring was there. I am having it changed next month, but we couldn't figure out exactly where the end of the wire was. Ergo the question and the confusion (apparently, the ducted option has only been available for a couple of years for the BH . . . but I don't know). All is good now.

Garypowell

Usually if you add a unit after delivery the controls are on the unit....right? I know they prewire the power but did not know they they per wired for the thermostat.

Garypowell

Thank you for taking the time to explain. I put a second A/C in a 2008 HL and back then only pre wired power.

I would suggest you try and take off that part of the wall covering in the closet. This way you can see the wire and get an exact hole in the bedroom side of the wall. Might save you digg'n around in the wall looking for the wire and scratching the "good" side.

If taking the closet wall off leaves a mark or two no one will ever see them.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you have found the T-stat wires....I would drill a small hole in the BR wall from the closet side. Tape the BR wall with masking tape.....then drill a 1" hole for the wires to come through. I hope the tech puts the T-stat in the BR...not the closet.....that would make the A/C work badly.

pegmikef

Usually if you add a unit after delivery the controls are on the unit....right? I know they prewire the power but did not know they they per wired for the thermostat.

Yeah, that's where I am at right now. None of us knew that it had the other wires and duct access. I want to take advantage of the capability and convert to a thermostat and ducted air.