2015 Heartland Trailrunner

Lbkhunter

In October we had to take our camper in for warranty repair. The roof was leaking and they ended up replacing the whole thing. Fast forward 3 months and I finally get to pick it up. I brought it home and plugged it in to a regular outlet at the house. We've always been able to plug it in we just couldn't run the ac. As soon as I was plugging in now it was tripping a breaker. I went ahead and added a 30 amp box thinking that's what the problem was. Well, as soon as I plug it in it fried a relay that sits next to the water heater. I've had the wiring for the plug checked and double checked, it's correct. Dealer thinks we put to many volts to but I metered it at 110 volts. Does anyone know what this relay might be? I'd post some pictures but I have no idea how to.

jimtoo

Hi Lbkhunter,

Welcome to the Heartland Family and hopefully to the club. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to help when they can.

I'm sure someone will be jumping in soon with some suggestions for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Take a close look at the receptacle wiring that is illustrated at this link [LINK].
Use your meter to test what you have had installed.
It is not uncommon to hear of mis-wired 30 amp receptacles.

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Lbkhunter, welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum, be sure to join the Heartland Owners Club. We have a great group of owners in the newly formed West Texas Chapter!

As far as posting pics, I think new forum users have to post 3 times before being allowed picture posting. Just reply a few times to this thread. Then, you should see a menu bar at the top of your reply. Click the picture icon, and you should be able to upload images.

Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 11.29.24 AM.jpg