2016 Bighorn 3585rl

rmathews

I purchased the Bighorn 3585rl last November. One of the recliners was just replaced for not heating, not the other recliner needs to be replaced for the same problem. Also front hydraulic landing jack making a popping sound. .dealer replacing the oil. Also having the power cord door opening rotated as the cord openings are at the top when closed. I'm worried about reliability of this unit..even though I purchased the 5 year protection plan.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BusManRG

Question about your seats...When they were working, did the seat bottom AND sets back get warm, or just the bottom? As far as quality, we are hoping. Only had the unit one week, but we shopped for almost two years. All of our pre-purchase searching kept leading us back to Big Horn for quality and service. Fingers crossed!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
. Also having the power cord door opening rotated as the cord openings are at the top when closed. I'm worried about reliability of this unit..even though I purchased the 5 year protection plan.

My shore cord has been like that for six years with no problems. When the cord is out, as it hangs in the cutout it keeps the door closed without having to lock the hatch.
May not be for everyone but it works for me.

Peace
Dave

rmathews

My door is hinged on the bottom . When the cord is out, the door cannot close, as the cut outs are at the top. Cord would snap the door in half if placed in the cut out.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
My door is hinged on the bottom . When the cord is out, the door cannot close, as the cut outs are at the top. Cord would snap the door in half if placed in the cut out.

All of the Big Horns with the automatic cord are made that way. My question to you is, on the inside their is a rail about a third of the way down. Your cord is to ride on top of that and if it does then your cord will sit on the slots to the right or left in the door and should not harm the door.

rmathews

No slots to the left or right when the door is open. I leave my trailer plugged into shore power for 6 months and I want to be able to have the power cord door closed with the cord out. As it is now, I cannot close the door and have the cord out. With the door closed, the holes are at the, top not the bottom. If I run the 50 amp cord through the hole and close the door the weight of the cord would break the door.

Pizzaguy

Using the cutouts and closing the door will work just fine. We have had 2 Bighorns with the cord reel and have never broken the door. Just be careful.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
No slots to the left or right when the door is open. I leave my trailer plugged into shore power for 6 months and I want to be able to have the power cord door closed with the cord out. As it is now, I cannot close the door and have the cord out. With the door closed, the holes are at the, top not the bottom. If I run the 50 amp cord through the hole and close the door the weight of the cord would break the door.

Mine is made the same way and I've been using it with the cord through one of the slots and the door closed for six years with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmathews

It's already damaged the door..so it's being replaced and rotated. Least of my worries. Both recliners going bad is awful.

richheck

Seasoned Member
On my LM 365 I removed and flipped my cover so it now hinges from the top and the ports are on the bottom, very simple procedure. Purchased two S/S latches (like the one for my from storage door) to hold the doors / covers for both the cord real and the switches open so I don't have to try and hold by hand while extending or retracting.

msabel

Exactly what I'm doing.

We purchased the same unit late August, last year. Love the Unit, but the chairs are way overrated, and not really comfortable, we did not have issues with the heat, we just had a hard time closing them, and so bulky, and after 3 times out, we purchased two Lazy boy Wall a ways, and gave away the chairs. Best decision we ever did, and when we get another unit, we will take the chairs with us and put the new ones in the old unit. We didn't want the chairs to begin with, but our dealer said, they really won't reduce your purchase price at all, so take them and buy new ones if you don't like them.

Geodude

I flipped that door on our 3585 as well, plus added clips to hold both that door and the power switch door open for when we're running the cord back in. BTW, those two slots still won't be a great fit for the cable once you flip yours, because of the angle at which the cord comes off the reel.

rmathews

Picture of my door
b2655da2824599880756a1aabdf65254.jpg

rmathews

I wonder why it's underneath the bar ? I will pull the cord out and stuff over the top.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I wonder why it's underneath the bar ? I will pull the cord out and stuff over the top.

By doing that, you will not need to flip the door and also the cord will set into the slots that's in the door and close the way it's suppose to.