2017 Mallard M32 Flooring substructure

BigJohann

Hello all. We have a 2017 Mallard M32, 2nd owners. We bought the TT in 2019. We bought from a private seller. When we bought it, the flooring right in front of the front entry door was slightly soft. It never got any worse so we didn't really pay much attention to it. Last fall, we had the high-pressure valve leak for a while before we noticed it and replaced it. The flooring got slightly softer after this. We bought new solid steps for the front entrance and I wanted to be certain the flooring was good to go before installing. I removed a portion of the vinyl in on the entrance and it appears to have gotten significant moisture. I am going to replace all the bad subfloor but am having trouble finding the joists. I found one to the right of the doorway but cannot find one straight ahead. Does anyone have the joist layout for the subframe on these units. I have checked to more than 24" and still don't feel one. I need to know how to strengthen that flooring since it is the most traveled on floor in the camper. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Rogers08

M335 under belly. Notice the large gap with no support in between floor joists. Need to Assemble a sub floor structure in between to support new floor replacement.

20230801_175842.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not quite sure of the orientation of the rig in your picture but you might be able to span frame to frame with a piece of angle iron.

Peace
Dave

BigJohann, you have not posted anything yet on your new sub floor project, you must be busy on other projects, some of us are interested in your situation it seems, also myself as I will be looking at the sub-floor in my 1987 Mallard Travel Trailer 29 foot model, soon, good luck to you...Scott

Lewing

Hello all. We have a 2017 Mallard M32, 2nd owners. We bought the TT in 2019. We bought from a private seller. When we bought it, the flooring right in front of the front entry door was slightly soft. It never got any worse so we didn't really pay much attention to it. Last fall, we had the high-pressure valve leak for a while before we noticed it and replaced it. The flooring got slightly softer after this. We bought new solid steps for the front entrance and I wanted to be certain the flooring was good to go before installing. I removed a portion of the vinyl in on the entrance and it appears to have gotten significant moisture. I am going to replace all the bad subfloor but am having trouble finding the joists. I found one to the right of the doorway but cannot find one straight ahead. Does anyone have the joist layout for the subframe on these units. I have checked to more than 24" and still don't feel one. I need to know how to strengthen that flooring since it is the most traveled on floor in the camper. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Our floor right in front of the main door in our 2017 M32 was the same way. I know nothing about construction, but it seems to me that a very important support system was left out!