2021 elk ridge 38 mb yellowing putty

Is anyone else finding yellow spots on the ceiling where the staple holes were filled, some of these are up to two to three inches in diameter this is not a year old . I am not getting anywhere with the so-called customer service they want me to use mineral spirts on their crappy materials my owner manual says no harsh chemicals just soap and water. if chemicals are needed shouldn't the company stand behind their product and take care of this total runaround from them i dont want them to clean I want them to fix a faulty material in their product

thewanderingeight

Yes, I am seeing the same thing in our 2021 Milestone. I was worried it was some kind of water damage when I first noticed it, but after studying it, you can pretty much follow the staple lines all the way across. That's when I realized it was whatever they used to cover up the staples turning yellow. Our spots are pretty small, and not noticeable enough for me to take action on yet (until the wife says otherwise). I am assuming they either used the wrong product or got a bad batch. It would be unrealistic to try and fix it as it's present in every room and would require hours on a ladder.

2019_V22

On my Terry, I used GooGone on many of the pin nail filled spots to remove and reduce the excess filler that was showing. Try some on an inconspicuous area first.

wdk450

I think that you owners need to ask to talk (or e-mail) to the product manager for your respective product lines, starting the call with Heartland Service. These managers oversee the design and construction of their respective product lines, but probably don't know about any long term problems with consumable products used in the construction, unless they get feedback from the owners.

since this is obvious that its poor materials and or workmanship! heartland knows this the 22 model does not have this issue and they refuse to do anything about it , ive found that if its penny annie problems they are all over taking care of it but if it costs Heartland a dollar you are totally screwed don't believe i will ever buy any Heartland product again if they cant back up there own product , the sad part we do like the rv but cant spend money on somthing the manufacture is unwilling to back up spent five months on this problem they just shrug it off

jude

I think that you owners need to ask to talk (or e-mail) to the product manager for your respective product lines, starting the call with Heartland Service. These managers oversee the design and construction of their respective product lines, but probably don't know about any long term problems with consumable products used in the construction, unless they get feedback from the owners.
We bought a Road Warrior 375 in February almost may now and it has been at the dealership mega center for 7 weeks , the morning after we got it found the ductwork was never installed on the furnace to the living room,kitchen area. We have never even put anything in it yet traded in our trailer so we are without it until who knows.already canceled 2 trips we have one planned for middle of may probably miss it also

I have a 2021 Heartland Elkridge 5th. pulled it out of storage and noticed the yellow crap that they used to cover up the staples. I used my thumb nail and removed as much as I could. then you lacquer thinner on it and wiped most of it off. then caulked the holes with white door and window caulking. and painted with a small brush on each staple that was flush. Yes, it took 2 to 3 hours to do my 36ft. It look good enough but very disappointed in Heartland

I have spent so much time and my own money on this its stupid they said if i drug it back to the factory they would try to clean it or repair it. two of their dealers looked at it a tried everything the factory told them to try and they had no luck . biggest run around of all time I am looking to trade this thing off and never look at heartland again . there are at least two manufactures who are no affiliated with the two rv monsters I am looking at an Alliance fithwheel. Never again Heartland