3400QB Control Panel Question

bcraftee

We recently purchased a 2014 3400QB Sundance 5th wheel and have a question on what a switch on the main control panel does. I specifically am trying to figure out what the big switch to the right of tank level indicators does. Unfortunately, my local CW dealer has not been able to help. Can anyone provide any information?

Thanks,
Danny & Barbara in Alabama

danemayer

Hi bcraftee,

Congratulations on your new Sundance and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Is this a wall-type light switch that illuminates when turned ON? It may be the electric side of the water heater. You don't want to turn it on unless there's water in the water heater or you could burn out the heating element.

bcraftee

Wow, thanks for the quick responses. The switch does not have any illumination and does not appear to do anything inside or outside. It is totally separate from the other clusters of switches (i.e., lights, water heater, water pump, tank levels, slides) as is more like a large light toggle switch rather than a regular light switch. Unfortunately, I cannot include the picture as it is too big to include in the post.

ncrzrbk

I have the 2013 Model 3400 qb. It maybe the switch to operate the awning lights. Their is a receptacle above the kitchen window outside. Might check that!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ncrzrbk

Looking at a picture from a new model control panel, it is the awning receptacle.

bcraftee

Thanks, I thought that I had tried that to see if the lights plugged into the outside receptacle would turn off with this switch but maybe I didn't do the right combination. I will try it again tomorrow.

bcraftee

When I finally got a chance to check out the awning receptacle with lights, that indeed is what the control panel switch controls.

Thanks for the information.

ncrzrbk

Glad I could help. Hope you enjoy the 3400 qb as much as we have.