3585 is here

ntoport

I took delievery of my 2012 3585 yesterday. Very pleased with it. BUT my salesman told me not to order the bedroom tv but to buy one myself and they would install the brackets in the bedroom and basement and mount to tv and make sure it works. If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck:rolleyes:. The tv was mounted in the bedroom but they forgot to install the bracket in the basement. They did mount it as we did other things and also fixed a few other items that needed to be addressed.
my first trip was to my home....5 miles away....to load a few thing in it. The person who did the setup and installed the tv and a few other item told me that the unit was ready to roll, all buttoned down. Well when I got home and went to put a few things in it I discovered the bedroom tv laying on the bed...bracket and all....pulled right out of the wall. He told me I didn't need a strap on the tv just tighten the arm down and it will be fine...WRONG..! Called them up and took the unit back to the dealer right then. So you might say I had the unit for about 1 hour. I am sure they will take care of me..hope. Just like everything I seem to buy there is always a few bugs that need to be worked out.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Unfortunately, another case of a salesman overloading his mouth before engaging his brain. The TV's should always be strapped in for security. The amount of torque placed on the swing arm when the rig bounces down the hiway is enormous. No way the arm alone would contain the weight. Hope everything is resolved to your satisfaction. Enjoy your new rig!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think that the wall was designed to have a TV mounted to it. Normally there is a board mounted between the solid cabinets. This is the most secure way to do it.
Just my opinion.

Peace
Dave