a /c

roy2

my friend lost both of there a /c yesterday the was running fine when they left for the store they came back both of them not working. they tired the breakers. They have elect other places. what do you think it can be im pretty sure they checked the power cord. thanks it had to go out when we are having the first heat wave in ca.

TrailCreek

Two going out at once makes me think of a power surge. Do you have a Watch Dog on the RV?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

TrailCreek

If it didn't blow, then it could be the breaker to the AC circuit. Also, check power to the thermostat.

TrailCreek

Also, I'm not sure if newer RV'S use GFCI recepticals ahead of the AC unit. That wouldn't have been done on the RV'S I used to build. I would check that. Is the RV 30 or 50 amp?

roy2

its a 50 amp older model if it did have a power surge wouldn't it stop all power to the unit. i have the watch dog if i had a power surge wouldnt stop all power the the trailer.

TrailCreek

With a Watch Dog it should cut all power. Without, you can lose one leg and it may be the one that powers AC units.

hoefler

Explain electric elsewhere. Did you check an outlet or microwave??? everything else is 12 volt and will run off the battery until it dies.

TrailCreek

Explain electric elsewhere. Did you check an outlet or microwave??? everything else is 12 volt and will run off the battery until it dies.
Man, that check was so basic that I missed it. Thanks. You nailed the best question. Are any 110 volt outlets working?

wdk450

One of the quickest things you can try for major AC systems electrical loss is to go through resetting the circuit breakers - ALL OF Them. Start with the shorepower breaker at the park pedestal, then the mains breakers on the indoor AC breaker panel, then all of the branch breakers on the indoor AC panel. Switch each breaker completely OFF then back to the full ON position. Some tripped breakers only move slightly from the ON position and can fool you visually. This is a pretty quick check of the most common cause of loss of AC electrical power in the RV.