A few questions on my 2021 22CRB

First on hand... How do I replace the inner slide seals? I replaced the outers, which slide down through the bottom after spreading the track guide that holds it in verticle spot at the bottom. I have observed there are seals just like the outside on the inside. Only, the slide base is directly at the bottom of the frame/track. I tried to pull the seal rib edge out, but appreas to be pinched in or stick down at the bottom somewhere.

Next, in main area in the ceiling above the TV mounting area between the stove and door... in the cieling is a blank wall plate screwed in. I took it down today to see what was up in it and along with many tiny pieces of styrafoam falling, was a cable maybe 6-8" long coild up. It had a 2 pin connector on it and I believe red and black wires. What Is It ???

How is the power tongue jack supplied power? I removed several possible fuses today and there was still power there. I woould like to remove power from it to avoid someone messing around and changing my camper nose heights. How can I disable it?

I have watched may YouTube videos on how to quieten AC noise and make it more effecient. I looked mine over today to see what may help it with the ideas I have seen. What I observed after removing the square plastic filter holder and down draft divertor was quite odd. I do have ducted vents. Very little to zero comes out of them if the downdraft vent is open. If I close it, I feel just a little through them. Looking up inside the cold air supply with that down vent plate removed, I saw everything taped up. Looking like NO ducting vents for the air to be forced out through. Is this correct? Or maybe someone owning my rig before me closed them up??? I want to get air evenly flowing through the RV.

Thanks a bunch for any inputs,
Mike

Last edited:

david-steph2018

First on hand... How do I replace the inner slide seals? I replaced the outers, which slide down through the bottom after spreading the track guide that holds it in verticle spot at the bottom. I have observed there are seals just like the outside on the inside. Only, the slide base is directly at the bottom of the frame/track. I tried to pull the seal rib edge out, but appreas to be pinched in or stick down at the bottom somewhere.

Next, in main area in the ceiling above the TV mounting area between the stove and door... in the cieling is a blank wall plate screwed in. I took it down today to see what was up in it and along with many tiny pieces of styrafoam falling, was a cable maybe 6-8" long coild up. It had a 2 pin connector on it and I believe red and black wires. What Is It ???

How is the power tongue jack supplied power? I removed several possible fuses today and there was still power there. I woould like to remove power from it to avoid someone messing around and changing my camper nose heights. How can I disable it?

I have watched may YouTube videos on how to quieten AC noise and make it more effecient. I looked mine over today to see what may help it with the ideas I have seen. What I observed after removing the square plastic filter holder and down draft divertor was quite odd. I do have ducted vents. Very little to zero comes out of them if the downdraft vent is open. If I close it, I feel just a little through them. Looking up inside the cold air supply with that down vent plate removed, I saw everything taped up. Looking like NO ducting vents for the air to be forced out through. Is this correct? Or maybe someone owning my rig before me closed them up??? I want to get air evenly flowing through the RV.

Thanks a bunch for any inputs,
Mike
I am getting ready to inspect and if needed, replace the inner seals on our rig. But I don't think these need to be replaced yet. Run your slide in and you may be able to get to the seals.
The wires you see could be for the Winegard UConnect system.
The tongue jack, follow the power lead and it should go to the batteries. If you desire, you could install a cut-off switch in-line with the power cable.
Our living area AC was loud, according to the wife, so I taped up the inside of it a little. It helped with the noise level and air flow. As far as, "getting even air flow" it will not be like in a house. In these rigs, the "ducted" system is the Styrofoam cut out to the vents, no duct work ran. It could be somebody did tape these up to keep the colder air in that area.

Thanks David

I ran my slide mostly in, and can get to the right side from the bedroom if I leave the slide out a little to get through. The left side has fascia in the way with the bath/shower wall to the left. What a PITA it will be most likely. The space between the frame al the slide is maybe 1/4-1/2 inch at most. I dont know what good these seals even do when in place, as long as the outers are good and in place. I see these getting ripped quickly with slide motion in and out from friction being bent in and out to themself with movement of the slide.

I believe the wires and plate are the Wineguard. What a contraption sold to the RV industry, IMHO. I need to figure out which unit I actually have to see if it can be of any use to me.

I'm gonna be doing cleaning of coils on my AC this weekend. I have some Reflectix and foil tape coming also, and I am going to dive into the AC air flow patterns to help with our very damp heat of SE Georgia, lol.

Thanks a bunch for chiming in, and please let me know what your situation of the inner seals results to being.

Mike

david-steph2018

Both of my facial boards will need to come off to replace the inner seals. If the inner seals don't look bad, I am going to leave these alone and just my outer seals.