adding power awning to livingroom slide

gcyr

just purchased a 2017 Bighorn 3160 EL from a dealers inventory. It did not including a power awning which was an option if I factory ordered it. The dealer was not keen on adding one. I would assume that the wiring would have been installed in the factory the question would be how to find out it. Does anyone have any experience with adding a power awning to the slide and if so good or bad idea, easy or hard?

jimtoo

Hi gcyr,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call. They may be able to tell you if the wiring is installed for the awning.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M
Thread moved to better area also.

Kbvols

just purchased a 2017 Bighorn 3160 EL from a dealers inventory. It did not including a power awning which was an option if I factory ordered it. The dealer was not keen on adding one. I would assume that the wiring would have been installed in the factory the question would be how to find out it. Does anyone have any experience with adding a power awning to the slide and if so good or bad idea, easy or hard?

Lippert sells one that is battery operated with a rechargeable battery contained in the awning arm and requires no wiring. I seen one that was installed at the Goshen rally and it seemed really nice. The switch to operate the awning was also located at the bottom of the arm. You may want to check them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had one installed on my coach by Lippert at the rally and I love it.
Completely self contained, has a plug in battery charger for the battery contained in awning arm.
Battery charge good for 22 to 25 operations.
Switch on side of awning arm for operating.
Check with LCI, because you may still get rally price.
I believe 2 awning colors, Black to White fade & a White to Black fade.

Hockster

Stickdog

We had a electric awning installed to replace our manual. DW wanted it as she couldn't handle putting it out or bringing it in. Had it done at an Escapee rally took one installer 3 hrs to remove old and install the carefree electric. He pulled wire from the front closet for the awning and placed switch under BR upper cabinets. Clean job no wire exposed.