another unit with low flow a/c

Bobby A

I figured by now the factory would of put this problem to bed but aparently NOT. I turned on the a/c for the first time today, took delivery about 3 weeks ago of our 2010, 3580 B/H, very low a/c flow out of all my vents. With this new laminate roof that Heartland is boasting about, I know it is not a duct issue. I have read the threads on the mods, still a little confused though. I have an appointment with Capital on May 4th, for various issues to be fixed, I will see if they can fix the a/c issue before I ask you all about the Tim K mod. and help understanding it. I have had to many problems right off the bat, problems that I never had with my Keystone Big Sky, ( slideout leaks, and this a/c issue). I just want get these issues resolved, so I can tell myself I didn't make a big mistake buying this rig.

Bobby A

ChopperBill

I think it is a battle between the A/C folks and Heartland. Neither will admit there is a problem that is there doing. Just do the TimK "tent in the vent" deal and and be done with it. It is easy to do and the results are amazing!

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I think it is a battle between the A/C folks and Heartland. Neither will admit there is a problem that is there doing. Just do the TimK "tent in the vent" deal and and be done with it. It is easy to do and the results are amazing!

Will totally agree with with Bill , Timk's invention really improves flow. The best thing about it you can drink a beer and have the part to fix it.....Kenny

Bobby A

Thanks guys, can either of you walk me through it as I'm actually looking at it ?? I don't have a clue about what to look for once I take the plastic cover off. If you can help walk me through it PM me and I'll give you my cell # and you can give me a time you would be available. Thanks a bunch.

Bobby

ChopperBill

I was a little confuse when I first read the timk fix but once you take off the plastic grill and look up in there things start to fall in place. Like timk said
"If you look up under the ac in the ceiling, there is a small area where the cold air comes down. It is just then expected to turn a sharp corner and get into the ducts. Well I guess my air didnt understand what it was supposed to do."
Just make up a little "tent" to direct the air flow into the vents instead of the air just hitting "dead end" and then try to decide which way to turn. Smooth out all the openings with the flashing tape while you are at it. You can buy enough flashing material at Lowes for 10 A/C's for less than 10 bucks.

jpmorgan37

I have to ask the "dumb" question. Did you close down or throttle back the A/C dump vent? If that is still wide open, nothing much will come out of the other vents.

John

Bobby A

Well ya all, my wife and I tore into the a/c today and did the TimK mod. it did inprove the flow !! It seems it improved more on the off door side alot but not much in the door side, but we kept playing with it and moving the tent around alittle at a time to get better flow from the door side vents also. I would say it probably inproved the flow by 50%. Jim B's pictures really helped alot. Thank to all and especially this forum for being there. Thanks again,
Bobby A