Ant invasion

I read the "what's new" section regularly and have seen other people post about the styrofoam material blowing out of the ac vents. Thinking this is just from the construction process we just kept vacuuming it up. However over the 4th of July weekend we went to the camper to find this. Ants had found a way in and built a nest in the ceiling styrofoam. I found them by using a inspection camera that I slid into the opening of the ac vent. We actually saw the little buggers bring the pellets to the edge and drop them. I'm hoping the baits and poisons will take care of them. So if you are seeing the styrofoam,you might want to look for ants. It just broke our hearts to see this and the damage they have done to our brand new 30rkdd.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 126

mlpeloquin

If the type of ants you have are sweet loving ants, and not all ants are, the they will love this. They will do all the work terminating the entire nest within three days. Good for home use too. If in the house, find out where they are coming in and place a bottle cap full there. Don't manually kill them. Soon enough the large trail of ants will drink this up, feed it to their young and the queen. Two to three days max and they are gone. Cut this down to 1/4 of the amount because it doesn't take much to get rid of an entire large nest.

Mix 3 cups of water, 1 cup of sugar, and 4 tsp. of Boric Acid crystals or powder Bring to a boil, let cool, and place in small bottle caps. Don’t put where food is present. If you have animals that might ingest product, cover with a clay pot and rest on matchsticks or toothpicks.

donr827

Terro is a great product for getting rid of ants. You can find it at Home Depot or Lowes.
Don

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have also used the Terro liquid and in just about 24 hours, they are gone.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions..we went to the hardware store near the camper and bought everything they had...terro liquid traps,terro bait in a syringe ( witch they seemed to love) ,combat traps,some sprinkle stuff, ortho liquid ant barrier..etc. I was happy to feed them! I even ask the man at the hardware store if he carried anteaters....he just laughed...I was serious...lol

Relayman

sprinkle a "barrier" of Comet cleansing powder around all jacks , landing gear....tires..and a spot on the power cable and water hose
and anything else that would provide a pathway to tha promised land...and no ants.
works great and its cheap. buck a can at the dollar store.can and a half should do.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sprinkle a "barrier" of Comet cleansing powder around all jacks , landing gear....tires..and a spot on the power cable and water hose
and anything else that would provide a pathway to tha promised land...and no ants.
works great and its cheap. buck a can at the dollar store.can and a half should do.

thanks,I'll give it a try..cheap is good

Beachguy

We have so many many ants down here in Florida....this is something that worries me.
Some deadfall from the trees could be a source on the roof.
Thanks for the tips, don't want the little buggers in the NT.

Jim.Allison

Use several sticky traps throughout the rig to get a sample of the pest that are entering. We do this to verify that our extermination techniques are working. These pest are always looking for water, if they are in your A/C ducts they are hitting your p-traps from time to time too.

Relayman

just used terrorist liquid baits....had ants in camper..gone in less than a day !!! AWESOME STUFF !!

The terro liquid bait as well as combat gel in a syringe is very effective. Our last trip up to the camper this past weekend ( after baiting them the previous weekend) we saw what looked like 500 dead ants all over the floor. I looked back into the ac vents with the inspection camera and no more ants. Yea..