Arlington vs Newport Weight Specs don't make sense???

BudnDonna

My wife and I thought we had settled on the model of Landmark we wanted to full time in until we saw the dramatic weight differences. But looking at it we just can't make logical sense of it. If the Arlington (which we want) is the Newport with two walls, a door, a toilet, vanity, closet, 2nd black tank and plumbing removed and replaced with a simple desk how is it that it's carry capacity has been so drastically reduced (to the tune of 420 lbs less then the Newport?)? We really need to know if this is truly accurate since we are ordering it loaded with most options and don't want to end up with such a small amount of weight for our "Stuff" that we can't live in it.
Thanks to all,
Bud and Donna

danemayer

Hi BudnDonna,

I just looked at the HeartlandRVs.com website.

The Arlington shows a Dry Weight of 15,168 with a carrying capacity of 2,284. Length is 42'8".

The Newport shows a Dry Weight of 15,231 with a carrying capacity of 2,705. Length is 42'8".

Both have the same GVWR of 18,000.

Since the carrying capacity is essentially the GVWR less the Dry Weight, I suspect they just have a typo on the website and someone put in the wrong carrying capacity on the Arlington.

You should call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for the Landmark 365 sales team and I'm sure they can run it down for you.

BudnDonna

Thanks Dan,
That was the plan for tomorrow, but I didn't catch that difference. This is why I love this site.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

AWesdorp

Hi all,
Good catch. That is a typo online and we'll get it fixed asap. Arlington is slightly less weight than the Newport.
Have a great day everyone. Hope to see some of you in Austin this weekend.
Andy

TxCowboy

Andy, you guys are going to be busy this weekend.

We have our 2015 Key West at a waterfront RV park in the Rockport, Texas area. Our KW has had a steady parade of people coming through it over the past couple of weeks who are looking to buy the Landmark 365 series at the Austin show. One of our neighbors just took delivery of a new Big Country and he's also having people knocking on his door for a tour prior to the Austin show.

Have fun, y'all! :)