ATF: Big Country - Basement ceiling?

whanner

Hi. I would like to hang a 21" flat screen TV from the ceiling in the storage area of our BC 3650RL. Before I drive screws in the ceiling, is there anything in there I can mess up like wiring or plumbing? If so, can you tell me where they are located?

Speedy

Best thing you can do for a project like this is to remove the ceiling and expose the framing to see where the best mounting point would be for the TV mount. The ceiling is only held on by screws around the perimeter and a few in the middle. Once it's down you half way there. I also need to mention that the basement walls would need to removed to access the screws hidden by them.

danemayer

Hi. I would like to hang a 21" flat screen TV from the ceiling in the storage area of our BC 3650RL. Before I drive screws in the ceiling, is there anything in there I can mess up like wiring or plumbing? If so, can you tell me where they are located?
If you have a raceway attached to the ceiling on the doorside, that's where the plumbing and electrical usually go.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yes to all above. You need to install the TV mount to the aluminum frame work. The plywood wont hold much weight. You could probably secure a piece of wood between the frame work. While your in there, get some 2" foam insulation and install it with construction adhesive. Your bedroom floor will be alot warmer. I did it and it made a world of difference.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We just left our 32" tv on it's stand and turn it toward the back wall for traveling, wrapping it in a blanket. We had thought of mounting it but like the freedom of being able to move it to a picnic table for large groups during football/nascar season. So with that being said, sorry but can't help you with a roof mounting.

Theresau

We do the same. I put a cushion between the TV and wall. However, we're considering mounting to the wall.