ATF: Big Country - Ceiling Fan Speeds

Westwind

Most ceiling fans have three, at least the 5 in my house do, impossible to predict what brand fan, model, or number of speeds in a Rv ceiling fan because they keep changing products to save 5 cents.

danemayer

Bob, usually you just pull the cord repeatedly to see what it does. Is there another question waiting behind this one?

Bob Vaughn

The reason I asked this question is we rarely if ever use the fan and the grandkids have to have a fan blowing in order to sleep. I pulled the chain repeatedly and could not detect any change in speed.

danemayer

The reason I asked this question is we rarely if ever use the fan and the grandkids have to have a fan blowing in order to sleep. I pulled the chain repeatedly and could not detect any change in speed.

If you waited a little while in between pulls and there was no change, there may be something wrong with the controller in the fan assembly.

jimtoo

Well,,, I'm gonna ask... does your light work on the fan, if not,,, were you pulling the correct chain to change fan speeds? :)

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If your pulling the chain repeatedly then you need to stop doing that. Slow down, once you pull the chain it will take a minute or two to notice a change in fan speed.

Peace
Dave

Westwind

I have a new switch to install on our fan, the one that came with the unit is difficult to operate and we keep braking the chain so when I get a chance the new switch will go in, it appears to be better quality then the one that was in the fan.

dbbls59

Mine has three speeds but the air volume seems the same whatever speed it is running. This is due to the lack of space between the blades and the ceiling. It seems to move the most air on low. It I worthless in my opinion.