ATF: Big Country - Dule Fireplace Prolem

plshilo

OK, we have a 2017 3560SS with 2 fireplaces, when we turn the bedroom one on the one in the living goes off....Doesn't trip the breaker just goes off and vise versa when we do the same in the living room??? we are going to be bringing the 5er to CW in Lake City, FL for other work as we have Only had it for just over a month. I have talked to the plant and they have No Idea about the problem.........You Think, so I am asking anyone here that may have had the same. Thanks for the Help

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Are you using a remote to turn it on/off? Maybe the other fireplace is picking up the signal? My remote has an on/off button. Maybe on for one, is off for the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plshilo

Erika,
Thanks we have tried that still didn't work. We have just received another remote from Heartland so maybe we will try with New remote....

jbeletti

Sounds like both units are using the same RF channel. Perhaps the manufacturer of the fireplace can advise if one can be tuned to another channel.

Can you confirm the brand and model number of the fireplace?

plshilo

Jim,
Wow didn't think of that.....will have to go and get the paperwork.
Jim,
Got the paperwork....or lack there of, maybe I will call the plant on Monday to see if there is anyway to change the frequency......

SNOKING

Do you have a power management system(option) that only allows one fireplace on at a time??? Chris

plshilo

Chris, No power management system on board......Heartland has already asked that....they have No Idea either on this problem.

Thensley

Mine does that also don't matter if use remote or not. turn on by button and the other one cuts off or vice versa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

plshilo

Mine does that also don't matter if use remote or not. turn on by button and the other one cuts off or vice versa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have talked to Heartland and they think it is different frequency so going to take rv to CW this coming Wednesday and have them (Heartland) send us a New Fireplace so we will see after the install and let everyone know.......

Thensley

How did this go I was wondering cause mine is doing the same thing if it worked I need to change out mine also please let me know thanks

plshilo

How did this go I was wondering cause mine is doing the same thing if it worked I need to change out mine also please let me know thanks
Ok, this didn't turn out the way I was thinking, talked to Heartland and it seems that IS the way it is wired...one on and the other off. So guess you, I & Everyone else will have to just deal with it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well that doesn't seem like a well thought out design. Who at Heartland told you that? I would ask for more explanation as to why that is the way it has to be?

SNOKING

Well that doesn't seem like a well thought out design. Who at Heartland told you that? I would ask for more explanation as to why that is the way it has to be?

If they are on different legs of the 50 service, it should not matter that they are both on at the same time. They must be a signal wire connection between them. One could verify they are on opposite power legs with a Progressive Ind. display before disconnecting a connection between them.

danemayer

Have you checked to see if they're on separate circuit breakers? Find the breaker for the fireplace. Turn it off and see if either fireplace works.