ATF: Bighorn - Surrond Sound & TV mount for basement

jhardin

My dealer said I can't get sound through the ceiling speakers on my TV. Is this true? I have read where others get it. My speakers seem to be on the back side of my TV, which makes it hard to hear. I read the TV manual and all connections seem to be input connections. I have removed the TV and noticed a PC connection where a friend with a BH had his connected, but he had a different sound system. I have a Jenson. So, question is, can I and if so, how can I hook up my TV to my Jenson system?
Can I purchase the other half of the TV wall mount to put a permanent TV in the basement or would it be cheaper to change the whole mount out with one from a discount store? Thanks for you time in answering these questions! -Jerry-

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
In order for you to be able to hear your TV sound through your sound system the TV must have 'audio out' and the sound system must have 'audio in'.
These two connections can be the red/white RCA type plugs, fiber optic or HDMI. But they need to be the same on both units.
You might try calling Heartland parts to see if that mount is available to you. But you might be better of just going to Best Buy or WalMart for a new mount.

Peace
Dave