ATF: Bighorn - Switch - Living Room Slideouts

Westwind

I have a 2012 3070RL - interior slide out switch broke and had to be replaced. I obtained an exact replacement. It has the six spade connectors on the back.
Problem is when it broke the motor on the pump kept running so I panicked and quickly pull wires off the switch and didn't pay any attention to what color attached to what spade.
Before I cause anymore problems could you check the wiring diagram for my FW and tell me what colors connect to what spades on the switch.
Thank You for your help Westwind

PS the outside switch was a lifesaver!

jnbhobe

Why not call customer service, they can tell you where they go. has to be faster than waiting for someone to read the forum. I would bet all rigs with hydralic slides are the same. The wire colors on your out side switch should be the same. If you don't find out I can look at mine tomorrow.

Westwind

Didn't have to wait long! Don McWilliams called the house around 3 today and then emailed me the 34 page service manual and told me the pages that the schematic was on.
I printed it out and tomorrow I will go out and take out the switch and see what kind of trouble I can get into.

Westwind

I tried wiring it the same as the outside switch but it didn't work. With two switches I'm not sure but there probably would be a difference in wiring on the two switches ( I think).

Westwind

FIXED - I'm almost embarrassed to write this. The wiring diagram shown on the manual that Heartland sent had a black wire I only had blue, anyhow I tried connecting everything as indicated in the manual, no go. So then for the heck of it I tried wiring it again in the same format as the outside switch, but then it dawned on me that you pushed the outside switch the opposite of the inside one for in/out. So I reversed the four end spade wiring to the opposite of the outside and it worked. What I should have done was do it in the morning (not tired - thinking clearly) and study it a little bit and success.
I'm going to write it up and send it in to be posted and I'' make a picture and post it on this Thread.

Westwind

Can't tell you how many times I pushed on those switches and never paid attention to what end of the switch I pushed to open the slides.