ATF: Cyclone - A/C not working and other miscellaneous issues

Riski

Greetings:

My wife and I are fulltiming in our Cyclone 4100. When we took delivery back in February we made a list of issues that we wanted resolved by the dealer. This list includes:

1) Drawer under refrigerator needs adjustment.
2) The ramp flooring was bubbling up and when I moved my motorcycle up the ramp it tore.
3) Front awning switch is miswired. When pushing the out button is actually rolls in and vice versa.

Now, the AC in the living room is not cooling. It blows air and while running it makes a distinct hum from time to time. When it makes the hum the fan seems to slow for a second and when the hum goes away the fan returns to normal but the AC is still not cooling.

My question: I would like to use a mobile repair servicee to repair these items. As the three defects were noted during delivery and the AC under warranty could you recommend a mobile repair service? We were thinking of V&V Bros RV and Trailers in Redwood City but, obviously, we want to confirm with Heartland.

Btw, we absolutely love the rig and know we made the right decision and the items listed above are minor in relation to the great experience we are having. Please let us know on how to proceed. Thanks!

danemayer

Hi Riski,

The best way to proceed is to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can advise about the mobile servicer you're looking at. Note that while Heartland may approve using them for warranty, the travel charges will likely not be covered. But often the travel charges are less than the cost of you taking the trailer to a dealer for service.

TacoTom

Riski

# 3 could it be possible that when someone last extended your awning they kept the switch depressed and the awning started to roll backwards? I just tested mine and it does start to roll up backwards if I keep the extend switch depressed.

I had an issue with my AC and located a loose wire in one of the marette connectors in the AC unit itself. (make sure you disconnect all power sources 1st)

Tom

Greetings:

My wife and I are fulltiming in our Cyclone 4100. When we took delivery back in February we made a list of issues that we wanted resolved by the dealer. This list includes:

1) Drawer under refrigerator needs adjustment.
2) The ramp flooring was bubbling up and when I moved my motorcycle up the ramp it tore.
3) Front awning switch is miswired. When pushing the out button is actually rolls in and vice versa.

Now, the AC in the living room is not cooling. It blows air and while running it makes a distinct hum from time to time. When it makes the hum the fan seems to slow for a second and when the hum goes away the fan returns to normal but the AC is still not cooling.

My question: I would like to use a mobile repair servicee to repair these items. As the three defects were noted during delivery and the AC under warranty could you recommend a mobile repair service? We were thinking of V&V Bros RV and Trailers in Redwood City but, obviously, we want to confirm with Heartland.

Btw, we absolutely love the rig and know we made the right decision and the items listed above are minor in relation to the great experience we are having. Please let us know on how to proceed. Thanks!

Cjackg

Riski
# 3 could it be possible that when someone last extended your awning they kept the switch depressed and the awning started to roll backwards? I just tested mine and it does start to roll up backwards if I keep the extend switch depressed.....
When my new 3110 was delivered recently, the front awning had been rolled in backwards, and the PDI tech was apologizing for the switch being wired backwards when in fact there was no problem. The best clue is if the awning is showing white when rolled up... then just roll it all the way out and keep going !