ATF: Cyclone - Cut in Linoleum floor

1231ChaseB

On occasion i will see on the forum where some one will take their unit back to the factory for a repair ! It's irritating to me that when i first got my Cyclone i had a problem that i didn't feel the dealership would be able to fix properly and would only make it worse ! Anyway i called Heartland customer service about bringing it to them and they told me that they don't do that ! I did have the dealership make a note of the cut ! The only thing i can think of is that maybe there was a screw under the flooring and they cut the floor to get it out and then glued it back down ! So anyway why is it that i will see where someone will take their unit back to the factory and they told me they don't do that ???
Larry Pittman

Lynn1130

I have not read a comment along the line that you mention but then I have not read all of the comments on this site. I would offer this for you however; If you buy a new Chevy and have a problem that requires repair you generally take it back to the dealer that you bought if from not to GM's manufacturing plant.

danemayer

why is it that i will see where someone will take their unit back to the factory and they told me they don't do that ?
I think sometimes when people say they've taken their rig back to the factory, what's actually happened is that the factory has sent them to Great Lakes RV Service Center in Elkhart, about 5 miles from the factory. Factory service people are close enough to help coordinate the repairs. I think there have also been situations where a repair is thought by Heartland to be beyond the capabilities of local dealers and in those rare cases, they may actually bring a unit to the factory to have the work done.

I would expect something like 99.999% of repairs are done locally.

1231ChaseB

I've had a couple motor home's that i have taken back to the factory and they actually had plug in's for your camper if the stay was longer than a day ! As we all know the flooring is put down first and every thing else is put on top of it ! When the young fella said they would cut around all the cabinet's and every thing else it butted up against and take the entire flooring out and then put new down i didn't believe they had the capability's to do that and not make a mess out of it ! The thing about GM not taking thing's to the factory is that they have trained technician's doing their repair work and that's a little different than some kid's learning as they go at a RV dealership !
Larry

Urban350

Actualy if the dealer knows a good lino guy localy that would be the way to go. A good lino guy could do that with no problem but you will have some silicone between the lino and the cabinets.

1231ChaseB

Had they said they we're going to bring in a professional i would have done it but the guy's in the shop we're going to do it ! and no telling where that would have went !
Larry