ATF: Cyclone - LED lights on awnings cyclones?

Miltp920

We toured the factory today with Kyle and boy was it cool. The workers were working with speed and efficiently. We were impressed. Our tour guide Kyle said that ALL cyclones come with lighting built into the awning. We are just trying to validate this is true..ours is a 2014 order and should be built in a week or so. He described a light strip along the awning roller that back lights the against the coach. I am assuming this would be on both awnings. Can someone validate and does anyone have a picture of what it looks like. He implied this is standard, not an option. Looking forward to getting our new cyclone 3100. He implied controlled by a switch inside coach. Thanks in advance.

danemayer

Hi Miltp920,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sounds like you had a great tour of the factory.

Perhaps someone who has recently taken delivery of a Cyclone can post a picture of the awning LEDs.

Toylovers

Yes it is true and they are very bright. We tried ours out and with the reflection off the white side it was almost like daytime. You will enjoy your cyclone. We are enjoying our new 2014 cyclone 300c titanium.

Ladiver

yes, it is true. Our 3100 has them. the front awning led's work great. The rear awning led's, on the other hand, are one of very few issues we have. Turn them on, blow a fuse! The dealer has been trouble shooting for over a week now.
I know we love our 3100, I aam sure you will too.

DocFather

I have had my 2014 4100 for 3 weeks. There are 2 switches that I have no clue what they do. In the Master panel near the front door, with all the other switches that control lighting, awning and sliders, is a toggle that is marked "light" off or on. I cannot figure out what it controls, but I have not had the awning extended yet. Same fore the rear - there is an unmarked toggle on the ceiling of the Garage with all the other switches (lights, awnings, vent and vent fan, beds, etc and I have no clue what it does. I have not had that awning extended either.

Any thoughts?

danemayer

Hi DocFather,

Congratulations on your new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of people on the forum who are quick to help out. I'm sure you'll get some answers shortly.

I don't have a Cyclone, but my suggestion would be to open the awning and see if the switch turns on LED lights.

Hi DocFather,

Congratulations on your new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of people on the forum who are quick to help out. I'm sure you'll get some answers shortly.

I don't have a Cyclone, but my suggestion would be to open the awning and see if the switch turns on LED lights.

That's what my unmarked switches control.

conradsteph

We have a 2014 Cyclone 3800. Your unmarked switch(s) in main panel is probably kitchen lights or side awning led (or could be 3 way switch if you have 3 AC's). In garage it could be a couple of things - not familiar with 4100 - could be rear awning led (not patio awning, it doesn't have led, at least ours doesn't), could be top light in garage above top bunk, or could be light on back of coach over patio awning. Good luck.

DocFather

We have a 2014 Cyclone 3800. Your unmarked switch(s) in main panel is probably kitchen lights or side awning led (or could be 3 way switch if you have 3 AC's). In garage it could be a couple of things - not familiar with 4100 - could be rear awning led (not patio awning, it doesn't have led, at least ours doesn't), could be top light in garage above top bunk, or could be light on back of coach over patio awning. Good luck.

OK great. The switch in the panel DOES control the led lights in the awning, not that O actually extended it - thanks. I will try the rear awning tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

Yes it is true and they are very bright. We tried ours out and with the reflection off the white side it was almost like daytime. You will enjoy your cyclone. We are enjoying our new 2014 cyclone 300c titanium.
The awning lights are very nice. We were complimented -- even by cyclone owners that now want a retrofit. Enjoy them!

DocFather

OK great. The switch in the panel DOES control the led lights in the awning, not that I actually extended it - thanks. I will try the rear awning tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

Well, the switch in the garage ceiling is an enigma. It doesn't seem to control a thing. No awning light in side rear or back awning.

Miltp920

Be careful not to leave LED lights on if you roll up awning. Seems they may have damaged our awning fabric. I did not think hey put out that much heat, but it is the only explanation for some "marks" on our awning that would align with the LED lights when rolled up. Must have left them on by accident. Anyone else experience this?

porthole

Retired
Be careful not to leave LED lights on if you roll up awning. Seems they may have damaged our awning fabric. I did not think hey put out that much heat, but it is the only explanation for some "marks" on our awning that would align with the LED lights when rolled up. Must have left them on by accident. Anyone else experience this?

Good point, LED's tend to generate a lot of heat, especially if enclosed.
Should our next rig have awning lights built in, I think I would add a small led indicator next to the switch when they are on.