ATF: Cyclone - Tires

dbtbkc

will LT235/85r16 tires fit my 2110 cyclone 3950? Had a blowout on my first trip with the st rated tires.

The diameter of the st tire is 30.80 and the diameter of the one I am looking to replace it with is 31.49, a little less than one inch.

Thanks for your responce.

scottyb

I changed mine to Michellin XPS Ribs, LT 235/85R 16. The Michellins are 1.2" larger in diameter than the ST's, so essentially makes the space between tires 1.2" closer than it is with the ST's. My middle axle is closer to the back axle than the front axle (why, I do not know) and there is only abou 1." clearance. I have towed it for 1600 miles like that with no issues. I'm not real happy about it, but I have a much better tire now, and it appears to be working. My next step is to try to get the manuf. to have the axles spaced properly, since they are not symetrical, and are too close together to start with.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I went with the Goodyear G614 235/85 R16. Their specs say the tire is 30.7".
I have adequate room for the X-chock in front or back on my 3850 Cyclone.
You may want to give the frame manufacturer a call to confirm your tire choice will fit.

gpshemi

I went with the Bridgestone Duravis R250's. They are built nearly identical to the XPS Ribs. I also went with the 235/85/R16's and have a little more then an inch between them. Hasn't been a problem this summer, but I AM aware of them being that way. I'd rather they weren't.

jnbhobe

will LT235/85r16 tires fit my 2110 cyclone 3950? Had a blowout on my first trip with the st rated tires.

The diameter of the st tire is 30.80 and the diameter of the one I am looking to replace it with is 31.49, a little less than one inch.

Thanks for your responce.

The new tires will just be .07in closer together.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I too am contemplating the change of tires/wheels. I also may go with the Mor/Ryde IS in place of the Fixed Axles. I'm thinking that I might want to go to a 17 in wheel in place of the 16 inch and go to a 100PSI wheel at the same time. Currently these are just thoughts, today I replaced all of my tires with the same lower quality China Made GoodYear Tires. My reasoning was - I would prefer to delay the IS/Wheel/Tire decision until next year (Spring) ... But I needed new treads for the Rig this year!!!! IS will cost me $2500.00 and new wheels and tires will cost me another $2K ( at least ) and it would be best to do them at the same time. The real question is do I also do the Disc brakes ( another $3K installed ) or wait and do them myself in the summer/Fall.

Decisions Decisions !!!! :)

Kevin

TwoGypsies

To the OP,

If your tires are spaced like my 2011 3812, I don't see how these tires will fit. The difference in diameter is .69 inches. It doesn't sound like much, but for me the spacing between axles 2 & 3 is presently about 1". I bought an LT235/85r16 as a spare while on the road with no other option. When it's mounted on either of the rear 2 axles the space between tires is reduced well below my comfort level, and that's just 1 of these larger tires. If you want to go to LT's, consider using LT245/75r16's. As pointed out by another poster in a much earlier thread, these are readily available and the diameter is a near match with our present ST's. Full disclosure: I'm presently running Maxxis 8008 ST's and will consider the LT245's in future depending on my Maxxis experience.

scottyb

The problem with the 245/75 R16, at least in the Bridgestone and Michellin commercial LT's, is they are listed to fit a 6.5" - 8" rim. My rims are only 6.0", as I assume most of the 16" rims on these RV are. I looked at that option before i bought mine since they are approximately the same diameter and have the same load rating as the 235/85's.