Awning fabric replacement.

Divotf15

Just replaced the fabric on dometic 9100 18’ awning. Easily did it by myself. One 6ft or better step ladder, one square tip screw driver, drill and bits and 3/16 rivets and gun, and some small rope. Put a small rope around each end of awning tube with a tautline hitch and connect other end over the top of the rig to the frame. Make them taut. Climb up ladder and put cable wraps through the half circle carve out at the arm pivot points and then around arm with awning extended a couple of inches. This will hold the arms in. Put a small pin in awning tube spring and remove bolts at top of awning arms holding tube in. Remove any stop/holding screws are at end of awning track remove them. Unplug power to motor. Climb on top of rig and tighten ropes and pull tube out of arms. Roll it towards yourself and unravel some of it. Lay it down on roof. Take end at middle of rig and begging to slide awning out of track bringing the tube with you in 1-2 ft pulls. When it is out, I simply wrapped it up, lowered one end of tube to ground and let it rest against rig. Get on the ground and remove rivets from motor end and remove motor. Pull awning out of tube slots. Replace and do everything in reverse. I didn’t weigh it, but tube with awning on it probably weighed 40-45 pounds at the most. Took an hour and 45 minutes. Amazingly enough, the tattered, 8 year old awning slid right out of channels. The toughest part was putting awning cord back in the led lighting channel mine has that has to be done before sliding awning back into rig channel. Good luck to anyone that needs to do it. Just wanted to let people know that it is not that difficult to do solo. Much easier with two people I imagine.