Battery Info Needed

We own a Heartland 2013 Big Horn and are planning to purchase 2 new batteries. My problem is I do not know which battery to purchase since the battery that came with the unit has no markings or info on the battery. I cannot not find any battery info in the manual or other searches.

pegmikef

After measuring, if buying 12V batteries, go for Group 27 batteries if they'll fit.

If your battery boxes are like the ones in my 2014 BH, the group 27 batteries Dan recommended fit just fine. (Trojan 105s, however, will not fit).

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You also want Deep-Cycle, not Starting batteries, probably 850 Amp-hour (think that's what mine is).

danemayer

Thanks for replying but what Amphour rating is proper for the 3070 RL Big Horn?

Info on Deep Cycle Batteries

Our Landmark came with a Group 27 battery. Some dealers probably save a few bucks by installing a Group 24 battery.

I've never heard of a spec on what is "proper". It comes down to how you use the trailer and what you want to do with the power.

Group 2470-85 Amp hours12 volts
Group 2785-105 Amp hours12 volts

scottyb

Two T-105's 6V would give you 225 Ah @ 12V and would give you true deep cycle performance and longevity. You can get them at Sam's or Costco for around $90, but you may already have the necessary cables on your current setup. You can order boxes for 2 or 4 battery configurations HERE. I have 2 x 2 6V battery boxes which gives me 450 Ah. I do a lot of boonedocking and I also like to watch satellite TV.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
850 might be the Cold Cranking Amps on a starting battery for your diesel truck.

Actually, I have a Dual Purpose battery right now because that's all they had where I was when my original went south. You 're right Dan , it's 850 CCA. I plan to replace it this Spring with a true deep cycle (if Spring ever gets here).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caissiel

I have a 29 size battery in my box. Its heavy and tight but great performer. Bought it a WM. Watch they do stock both type deep cell and dual purpose.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

brianharrison

So scottyb... does this 6v battery box need to be vented like the stock set up???

Yes, if you have flooded wet cell batteries that are in an enclosed compartment. Battery off gassing must be vented while charging. Sealed batteries do not need to be vented (there is no offgassing when charged).

Brian

scottyb

Like Brian said. The reason is because they share the compartment with the generator which could be a source of ignition. Most Class A's have a separate battery compartment and their batteries are on a sliding tray with no boxes. I have searched for a sliding tray for my 4 batteries but none of the ones I found are sized for batteries in boxes, only for the batteries themselves. I drilled a hole in both new battery boxes and spliced the two hoses together with the original vent hose. I would love to get the AGMs and not have to worry about it, nor ever worry about adding water, but $$$$