Bearing repak, brakes & suspension checked

MTPockets

Just had bearings repacked, brakes & suspension checked. I'm fairly conscience about preventative maintenance as it was my career for 37 years working with factory maintenance improving equipment life via proper practices and I know what works to avoid failures. At the top of the list is proper lubrication and cleanliness. Bearings were last repacked in November 2012 when unit was one year old. At that time I had Neverfail bushings installed with approx. 6000 towing miles. I use a quality grease I have specified for industrial users for many years and double lip C/R seals for the same reason. Now, about two years later and another 12,000 trailer miles, bearings were in perfect condition, brakes and magnets still like new and the two Neverfail bushings visually checked show no wear at all. Our trailer standard axles were 6000 lb axles, but I ordered upgrade to 7000 lb. It's hard to say if there would have been different results, but I'm convinced extra capacity is a good thing. According to the scales, we are 400 lbs over trailer GVWR, but that's with 6000 lb axles, so with the 7000 lb we are good as this inspection shows.

I read many posts with axle issues and have to wonder/question when problems are due to improper maintenance, overloading, vs factory defect. In any event, my successful outcomes indicate no need for further axle upgrading as many have done.