Bighorn 3010RE Installed Dishwasher in Kitchen cabinet

Theresau

Ditto on doing by hand - need to wipe well first. Dishwasher allows you to store and then wash. Currently I do this under the sink. Can be unpleasant.

Theresa

Personal opinion - The problem with having a dishwasher is putting dishes in the dishwasher without wiping them or rinsing them off could lead to food particles going into the Gray tank. Then you have the issue of getting the gray tank rinsed out. So since you have to wipe or rinse them off anyway you might as well hand wash them. BTW a dishwasher uses much more water and electricity and adds even more weight to the coach. MHO

Garypowell

Thought I would chime back in as the original poster. We had ribs, cole slaw and corn on the cob tonight. I ran the dishes under the water just like I do at home and put them in the dishwasher. Just took them out clean as can be.

These dishwashers do a fantastic job with no exra effort. There is a double screen system in the bottom just like my Bosch (sp?) at home. I have cleaned these screens a few times with no more junk than at home.

I don't understand the concern about junk in the grey tank since if you are using your sink to do dishes it is actually more likely to get stuff in the tank since that strainer is very course.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Thought I would chime back in as the original poster. We had ribs, cole slaw and corn on the cob tonight. I ran the dishes under the water just like I do at home and put them in the dishwasher. Just took them out clean as can be.

These dishwashers do a fantastic job with no exra effort. There is a double screen system in the bottom just like my Bosch (sp?) at home. I have cleaned these screens a few times with no more junk than at home.
our
I don't understand the concern about junk in the grey tank since if you are using your sink to do dishes it is actually more likely to get stuff in the tank since that strainer is very course.

If you have to wash off the dishes in the sink before putting them in the dishwasher aren't you double washing them and 'wasting' water. Keep in mind the Grey tank is a holding tank and not a septic tank. They work totally different than your home sewer system. If you leave the tank drain open all of the time debris can build up in the tank and if you keep it closed and drain it when full or nearly full then you must flush it to get the debris out. But anyway to each his own but as for us we see no purpose in it, just extra weight.

Theresau

You could do the pre-wash with a more corse form of strainer so that all is caught...I've even done that at home. You can even put down a paper towel and it will catch quite a bit.

Frankly I hate doing dishes.....we frequently use paper plates because of that but I'd rather use real dishes.

Theresa