Bighorn - Goodyear G614 tires

WBG

WBGavin
I have a 2014 Bighorn 3570RL 5th wheel with TowMax 235/80R -16 tires. Are these rims compatible with the Goodyear G614 235/R85 16 tires? The TowMax tires are a complete BLOWOUT!!! I will get new rims if I have to, but would prefer to save a few $ if possible.

Thanks for your help!

jnbhobe

Check the back side of your wheels, the should be stamped with the PSI and weight ratings.

Last edited by a moderator:

WBG

WBGavin
Check the back side of your wheels, the should be stamped with the PSI and weight ratings.

Thanks a bunch,

Will crawl under the rig tomorrow and find out.

Just wish I knew it was that easy.

WBG

Last edited by a moderator:

57chevyconvt

My BH has 8 bolt pattern drums with 6000 lb. axles. The rims are sufficiently rated for the GY G614 tires, which replaced the original Blow Max tires.

JanAndBill

The problem is not if you can mount the GY's on your rims. The problem is if the rims will allow you to inflate them to 110# psi to achieve their maximum load rating. That doesn't mean you "have to" or should inflate them to their max. They should be inflated to carry your specific load requirement. My rims were stamped with the 110# rating on the. Back of the spoke.

justafordguy

The rims that came on my gateway were marked 110psi and 3750lbs on the back of the spokes. They were perfect for my new Sailun S637 LR-G LT tires.

WBG

WBGavin
Thanks to all for your great advice.

Did not get to do a LOW CRAWL today but will tomorrow.

I know I have 7,000 lbs. axles so perhaps there is hope.

There is nothing better that the support available form the Heartland Forum!!!

WBG