Black tank flush in our North Trail has never worked

woodcycl

We've had our 2019 North Trail 27RBDS for about 2 yrs and have thoroughly enjoyed it. However, we have never been able to hookup a water hose to the Black tank flush and had the water going thru the hose actually go into the black tank. I've tried it on 3 occasions and nothing. The black tank sewer hose is on and have already emptied 80% of the tank. But, either looking thru clear elbox at end of hose and seeing no water come out, or looking down through the top of toilet, there simply is no water entering the tank from the black tank flush. I've read thru the Water Systems Guide provided by Heartland to no avail. I thought maybe there was a shutoff valve somewhere stopping the black tank flush water from going into the tank, but I see no evidence of that. Thoughts? We bought the camper new and tried the tank flush within a few short weekend trips and have yet to get it to work. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

danemayer

Two likely possibilities. One would be a pinched line between the flush fitting and the tank. The other would be the connections at the anti-siphon valve being reversed in manufacturing. If you can locate the valve, it's pretty easy to swap the connections - they're twist-on connectors. The valve is usually located above the height of the toilet and is often near the PEX lines going to the shower. On some rigs, there's a 6" round access port in the shower that provides access to both the shower PEX fittings and the anti-siphon valve. Or sometimes there's an access panel on the wall on the other side of the shower. Sometimes neighter.

woodcycl

Two likely possibilities. One would be a pinched line between the flush fitting and the tank. The other would be the connections at the anti-siphon valve being reversed in manufacturing. If you can locate the valve, it's pretty easy to swap the connections - they're twist-on connectors. The valve is usually located above the height of the toilet and is often near the PEX lines going to the shower. On some rigs, there's a 6" round access port in the shower that provides access to both the shower PEX fittings and the anti-siphon valve. Or sometimes there's an access panel on the wall on the other side of the shower. Sometimes neighter.
Thanks Danemayer ... I'll check for those options! Much appreciated.

sengli

If and when you do find the ASV, and maybe change the connections. I would have someone watch that valve when you attempt to use it. That valve on my last three new units leaked badly, spewing water everywhere.

wdk450

A dirty little secret about the B&B atmospheric breaker valve is that under normal operating conditions the valve can vent fresh water! Here is a quote hidden within the B&B RV tank flusher installation instructions: "• Vac/Check cannot be installed in an inaccessible location where venting of water from device during normal operation causes damage. It must be installed in an easily accessible location to end user."

This warning is the 6th bullet item on the "Caution" box at the beginning of the installation instructions on this webpage: https://www.bandbmolders.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/The-Flusher2-Install-.pdf

I chose to install a simple Sharkbite brand (available at HD, Lowes, most Ace Hdwe stores) 1/2 inch PEX tubing check valve to restrict possible backflow to the fresh water inlet in place of the atmospheric breaker valve. I found this bronze Sharkbite brand (without Sharkbite PEX tubing attachment fittings) replacement of the atmospheric breaker valve on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Cash-Acme-24...ocphy=9031271&hvtargid=pla-351466304581&psc=1

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Obviously the installer on the rig we had was illiterate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brizzo22

you hit the nail on the head. My valve was installed backwards. I suspect this is common. I simply flipped it and it worked as it should have.