Black Tank Flush

I tried flushing black tank. Water went everyplace. Then I read the tag. It said the Transition valve should be open. Where is the Transition valve located ? Thanks for any help.

MDH2021

Hello Flying Mallard,

Is it a label like this?

If so, it means to have your black tank dump hose properly connected to the camper and sanitary sewer connection and to have the black tank dump valve open. Otherwise, you may overfill your black tank and run sewage out the tank vent pipe or worse, out of shower, sink, or toilet depending on how your camper is plumbed.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• handbook-black-water-connection.jpg
    handbook-black-water-connection.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 13

jerryjay11

Nothing like connecting your fresh water to the flush port instead of the freshwater port and not discovering until you check for water flow everywhere. Even at the toilet. Whooosh! BTDT!

sengli

Also try looking at past threads on the ASV...anti syphon valve. This a one way plastic valve that is connected inline with the black tank flush line only. These are supposed to stop black tank contents from reaching your flush port. But more often than not, these fail or get stuck open and allow water to spill everywhere in the coach. Every new RV I have owned this was either installed wrong, or was stuck open.

jerryjay11

S and H are correct. I found my anti syphon valve wasn't secured in an upright position and when flushing it would spill water onto my floor. Until I secured it properly.