Blue Line exiting frame behind tires

RVFun4Us

I noticed the other day that there is a blue colored line exiting the frame on each side of the 3270 we just bought in February. The door side one comes out right behind the rear tire and the off-door side comes out in front of the front tire almost under the refrigerator. Each line just protrudes about a half-inch and has a white plastic 90 degree drain on the end but there is no valve to open or close. At first I thought the off-door side line was a condensation drain from the refrigerator. Then I found the one on the door-side which confused the situation. Does anyone know the purpose of these lines?

danemayer

Those are probably the fresh tank overflow lines. If you fill the fresh tank, when the tank is full, water will come out one or both.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My Anderson valve has been leaking by the seals and filling my tank while we are hook to city water, so after a few days of being hooked up I have water coming out of the lowest vent.
I also had problems with all of my fresh water "when full" leaking out of those vents while traveling so I put shutoff valves on both sides.
I have to be real careful to make sure there open when I get to my destination.
Now I only close them if I'm traveling will a full tank for camping with no water hookups.
041fb0702239e3a6812510603018d30f.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RVFun4Us

Jerrod,

Nice fix for that problem but see what you mean about forgetting to open when camping. That could lead to big problems. Anyway that you could get the leaks (seals) fixed/repaired so that would not be a problem? And yes, that is what my mysterious blue lines look like.