City water inlet

pitch black

I need a new one , I blew check valve when I winterized rig, anyone know how or what they are attached to on the back side of molding? mine is not here at home so I can not look, plus to cold if it was, would it be best to get same kind from heartland to replace? thanks

2010augusta

The check valve it integrated into the city water inlet. it is held in place by a plastic "U" clip. it would be best to replace with a Heartland unit.

Northern Virginia
Like Alan said, the check valve is integral to the plastic mounting plate and female hose connector. You'll need to get a new one from Heartland.

John

Boca_Shuffles

The check valve is only needed if you are using your fresh water tank and pump. Without the check valve you will be pumping your water tank out the inlet.

A quick fix is to get a brass garden hose shut off valve and install it on the inlet port. You may need a male-male adapter so you connect to you female inlet port. Or just a end cap and male-male adapter.
This will allow you to use your water tank and pump until you can get a new check valve from Heartland.

The garden hose adapter is just one more item for your toolbox that you hope you don't to use. Cost is $3-6.00 at a hardware store.

Been there. Done that. :D

Last edited:

jimtoo

On the left side of the Portal page of the forum are listed a lot of the suppliers and service numbers for Heartland RVs. These are for Heartland Customer Service. 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Jim M