Common Air Conditioning Problem

wdk450

Gang:
I thought I would share this with all of the newer members of the forum who are running their air conditioners a lot in this hot weather.

I have been in the same spot for 10 days, air conditioning running most of the day with outside high temperatures in the high 90's. Suddenly today, the inside leak starts in the inside ceiling joint aft of the air conditioner at about 1 drop a minute. This is about the 3rd time I have experienced this in the 14 years I have owned the rig, and fulltimed about 9 years.

As before, the fix was to remove the inside air conditioning cover and tighten the 4 corner mounting bolts going up to the rooftop top unit to a snug (not overly tight) hand tightness. The 2 inch thick foam mounting gasket on the roof becomes compressed over time, temperature and road vibrations, and then the mounting bolts are loose, and the condensate water leaks inside. Tightening the bolts seals everything up.

lynndiwagoner

That will work up to a point. I guess I had tightened too much and finally had to replace that gasket. Not too bad of a job.