Converter 2009 Bighorn 3670rl

Jajjaaj

I have some questions about my 2009 Heartland Bighorn 3670RL. I believe the converter needs to be replaced, but I read that it may not be my converter, and I may have tripped the manual-reset 12V circuit breaker on the buss bar near the battery, but have no idea what that looks like or where.

I also am wondering where I turn off my converter/charger breaker is located.

I appreciate any help you can provide. After my husband passed away, it's been up to me to figure out. Thanks for your help.

jnbhobe

It's plugged in behind the basement wall under the steps and has 3 30 amp fuses on it. The reset for 12v is on a breaker by the hydralic pump.

Roller4tan

13893-f6bae41a0785766cdf050adea260cb1d.jpg

Looks like this,,,

wdk450

These converters in the basement have been known to unplug themselves from the wall outlet due to road vibrations,

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Having previously owned a 2009 BH3670, I can attest to the fact that the converter is probably up against the rear basement wall, above the black tank, in a pile of construction debris. That doesn’t do the cooling fan any good. Find it, move it out from under the black tank anti-siphon valve (in the wall cavity above it) and clean any debris stick on the fan grate. And check the 3 fuses on it, as well.

Had I not moved mine, the cheap plastic ASV would have killed it when it failed while flushing the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

Having previously owned a 2009 BH3670, I can attest to the fact that the converter is probably up against the rear basement wall, above the black tank, in a pile of construction debris. That doesn’t do the cooling fan any good. Find it, move it out from under the black tank anti-siphon valve (in the wall cavity above it) and clean any debris stick on the fan grate. And check the 3 fuses on it, as well.

Had I not moved mine, the cheap plastic ASV would have killed it when it failed while flushing the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That black tank flush "protective" valve gushed water all over my Progressive 9200 series 60 amp converter/charger in 2013 and cost me about $220 to replace it then. About the same price on EBay today. This particular converter/charger was the best out there when my rig was made, especially with the Charge Wizard remote pendant feature and the 4 th "stage" - the desulfation cycle - that happens every 24 hours for 15 minutes that gives your expensive batteries a super long lifetime.