Correct Track

Routemaster

I cannot find out anywhere why mine has 2" hangers and 1 3/4" springs and no Correct Track installed was she pulled off the reject pile to Compleat an order??

Routemaster

Wouldn't this show that this hanger is in front of its mate and cause the coach to want to turn in a circle to the center of the road?

Attachments

• IMG_1321.JPG
    IMG_1321.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 38

Routemaster

26is the curbside 22 curbs to road string test 24 roadside square. does this help?
Den.

Attachments

• IMG_1326.JPG
    IMG_1326.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1322.JPG
    IMG_1322.JPG
    807.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1324.JPG
    IMG_1324.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 27

Bogie

The attached document describes how to measure the alignment of trailer axles. Don't get hung up on with the fact that "Discontinued" is plastered all over the document. Just look at the measurement proceedure. You don't really need any professional tools either. I made the necessary tools using wooden poles. Just follow the method and you will be able to tell if your axles are in alignment.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/manuals/axles-and-suspension/ccd-0001402.pdf

Routemaster

Bogie. Thanks, I did make a homemade test rig and did find an error in the distance between pin and tyers. Second, I did make a cross beam but took it down because I did not like the way had to pull it over to connect to its mate.
Den.

Attachments

• My Home made.JPG
    My Home made.JPG
    871.6 KB · Views: 23

Routemaster

So, the only way to get this right is to cut the hanger off and move with no other fine adjustment, why is the correct not used? and don't need to lift this coach up to fix anything. If my trig is good, the hanger is out 1 1/2 degrees to its mate.
Why can't we have it as this is in the video?

rhodies1

You can buy an after market Correct Track System for your unit. I have installed this system onto my unit due to an offset axle. Works great, I was able to adjust my axles back into perfect alignment. The system bolts onto the existing suspension. A little work but if you are mechanically inclined, you can install it in a day.