Cracked welds, flexed trailer causing front cap to pop and leak

I am hoping to hear what experience owners have had with the sub frame welds crack, hangers are actually shearing apart. The trailer has actually flex bed enough that it’s cause the whole trailer to lean to the driver side. The from cap has popped as a result of the flexing and we aren’t sure the full extent of the water damage. We do know that a 3” lag was attempted to try to secure but the screw would not grab because it’s rotten. Heartland won’t cover it, Lippert will not cover it and trying to get insurance to fix it or total it. However, based on the damage and what we have learned with research this could lead to a bigger issue with the structural integrity. Has anyone had extensive damage and been able to salvage their trailer? Keep in mind we have maintained this trailer very well. Before putting it away for the winter we stripe the old caulk and recaulk to insure that we are keeping moisture out. This is not due to lack of maintenance. See photos for reference. My concern is even if attempting to repair the structural integrity and potentially have this thing come apart and killing someone or ourselves.

Attachments

• IMG_7428.jpeg
    IMG_7428.jpeg
    848.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0436.jpeg
    IMG_0436.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0437.jpeg
    IMG_0437.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0438.jpeg
    IMG_0438.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0439.jpeg
    IMG_0439.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0440.jpeg
    IMG_0440.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0441.jpeg
    IMG_0441.jpeg
    988.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7505.jpeg
    IMG_7505.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7427.jpeg
    IMG_7427.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7429.jpeg
    IMG_7429.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
I was not able to post all the photos so here are more. These are the hangers to demonstrate how it’s leaning. I fact, the one photo you can see how it’s actually twisting the frame and appears to be coming apart.

Attachments

• IMG_0435.jpeg
    IMG_0435.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0434.jpeg
    IMG_0434.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37

hoefler

2 unrelated problems, the frame cracks are only related to the suspension and is caused by turning tightly. There needs support added between spring hangers to limit flex in the suspension. With that said, the suspension is welded below the frame, the length of the frame is intake from what I can see from the pictures. The front cap issue is more likely from water intrusion and has rotted the framing of the cabin.

2 unrelated problems, the frame cracks are only related to the suspension and is caused by turning tightly. There needs support added between spring hangers to limit flex in the suspension. With that said, the suspension is welded below the frame, the length of the frame is intake from what I can see from the pictures. The front cap issue is more likely from water intrusion and has rotted the framing of the cabin.
There are multiple people who have inspected the trailer and have all concluded that because of the over flexing that indeed this has caused the front cap to pop. It’s like Jenga once the structure has flexed, its going to give somewhere and not going to square back up.