Dead battery

I left a 2012 Landmark in a parking lot for four days. When I went to hook it up again, the battery was dead. I had to jump it in order to get the levelers to work. There is a red switch in the battery compartment. Should that be turned off when the rig is parked? We had the refrigerator on and I assumed the propane connection would keep it going but it was dead as well when I hooked up again. I need some consultation on what to do when parking the rig without external electricity. Thanks.

Landmark50

Yes, turn the battery off.
However the refrigerator will not continue to operate with out battery power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

With a good battery, it's iffy but you might get 2 days of refrigerator run time on propane. The refrigerator uses battery power along with some alarms and a few other devices. When prepping for a trip, you'll need a minimum of 24 hours cooling time on the refrigerator. 36 hours is better and the best way is to park within range of an outlet.

Lynn1130

Since I see you have a Florida location I will add this. If you want the fridge to cool down in the months with temps above 90, forget it. I put ours on shore power while parked in-front of the house for preping and loading during the summer months. The freezer will get into the 20's and the fridge compartment into the 40s during the day and maybe 30s at night. In checking with the experts I have found that that is about the best I can get with it parked in the sun and the temps outside at 100+. There is no cool air to exchange.

Now as to the single 12 volt battery that I assume you have in the rig. As Dan says maybe 2 days with the cutoff on and the fridge running. More batteries or hook up to power. If you do not need power to anything turn off the 12V cutoff.

Last edited: