DOMETIC, Model:DM2652LBX -- Episode #2: Automatic \ Gas Only.

QUERY-01

In the previous episode\incident, while the unit was supposedly running on lp, the battery drained; everything shutdown. Since recharging and recovering from that, we ran the generator for twelve hours, with the automatic/Gas Only switch --set to automatic. After which, the generators' fuel ran dry, we/I was under the impression --with both lp tank valves open, the system would auto switch to lp and continue to operate/refrigerate; it didn't. The freezer compartment was at 45\F; and rising

At this time I'll not ask for troubleshooting assistance. What I am asking is:

a) am I assuming correctly (above) about the auto switch-over from generator (A/C) to lp?
b) how to confirm if the pilot light is lit? The 'check' light remains 'off'.
c) where to download the OEM service manual for this entire system?

That last item is most important --I could have answered my own questions.

Respectfully.

david-steph2018

Up top is a tab "TOOLS", click on "TOOLS", go to "HEARTLAND OWNERS MANUAL". Next go to "APPLIANCES". After that open "DOMETIC", and search for your model.

wdk450

You may want to purposely test the "check" light system for LP pilot and operation by shutting off your LP tanks, then disconnecting AC power from the refrig, and see what happens. Give it about 1/2 hour with residual gas pressure in the lines and multiple automatic relight tries before the "check" LED should light. Consult the manual for more on this.