Don't Do IT!

mom2rods

We purchased a Heartland RV in February of this year (new 2024). We have had a water leak, issues with the hot water heater and now the AC has gone out. What a waste of money!!!!!!!!!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just so you know, water heaters and AC units are not manufactured by Heartland and the brand that they use are also used throughout the RV industry. So those two issues could, and have, been found in many other brands.
Those should be covered under warranty. Did you talk to your dealer?
What was the source of your water leak?

Peace
Dave

sengli

It sucks to have issue on a new rig. I hate to say it, but every new RV I have ever bought had similar issues. I spent the first season working all the bugs out of the units myself. P traps on every sink werent tight, and dripped... pex fittings were loose and leaked. Found hydraulic lines that were loose. Wiring that was not tight, and intermittent. Stupid plastic ESV failed on every one of our units and the black tank flush leaked when used.

Unlike buying an car, Rvs are hand built and slapped together as fast as possible. You need to be very hands on , and handy. Having dealers take care of even simple stuff is beyond frustrating, and always slow!

wdk450

Factory testing of systems and quality control inspections at the factory are pretty much non-existant. Remember the tags you used to see on T-Shirts - "Inspected by #11"? Has anyone EVER seen any quality control inspection stickers on our RV's?
The policy has been for many years that the Pre Delivery Inspection YOU are expected (by the manufacturer) to do before taking delivery at the selling dealer is the production "quality control" . That puts you immediately into the whole ignored dealer warranty repairs scam system, with the units needing repair before a determined buyer will sign off on the sales documents getting to the head of the warranty repairs line ahead of previous purchasers.
I wonder if the buyers of the Million dollar luxury Class A RV's (Like Monaco brand) experience this?

rhodies1

I wonder what THOR is doing with the 26 million dollar PDI facility that they claim they built. It was going to be used to inspect every unit before being shipped to dealers. Maybe they are using it to store all their money.it sure as h,,, isn’t being used to inspect units.

taskswap

I wonder if the buyers of the Million dollar luxury Class A RV's (Like Monaco brand) experience this?
They don't because the dealers manage this exhaustively and service the vehicles themselves both prior to purchase and after that. Some even have mobile techs that come to you, if you're in their service area. They also tend to have very sophisticated facilities and resources because they customize these coaches a lot - want that special top-load dishwasher, security system, or a different bathroom layout? They can do it - for a price.